A collaborative effort consisting of different municipalities, the project represents a further joint mobilization with focus on e-development and digitization.
The municipalities are often in need of specialist competence in order to develop, maintain and manage e-services for the citizens. Not all the municipalities have these specialist competencies. Therefore it is necessary to cooperate between municipalities in regions. As part of implementing the project eSamverkan, steps are taken in the progress of interventions aimed at participants from municipalities mainly in the areas aiming to create efficiency. This may involve development of common methodologies for needs-driven development, management and improvement in a collaboration model, methodology support for implementation and various professional development activities - to name a few.
The main objecitves are:
• To develop 10 common e-services.
• Offer support in developing the 100 municipality-specific e-services.
• Connect new municipalities in cooperation.
• Provide proposals for a long-term collaboration model to take advantage of digitization opportunities.
• Offer support in advancing general services regarding integration operating systems, automation/mechanical processing of file types and provide mapping tools and guides to citizens and businesses.
There is a common exchange with some fifty other municipalities in implementing e-development on the platforms developed in the project. The mission of eSamverkan is directly in line with the Swedish government’s action plan for 2020, SKL’s strategy for e-society and the national and regional digital agenda.
Project funding 476 000 Euro. Project leader, percent of full time,
Method support, 60 percent of full time, Communication, 20 percent of full time. Each municipality has an e-coordinator with 20 percent of full time (seven municipalities).
Evidence of success
10 municipal e-services across several business areas has been
• The municipalities individually or in smaller clusters have developed another 100 e-services which can be distributed to the other municipalities through the e-service library.
• The management and management organization of the technical platform was created and established in the project and can be transferred to a common organisation.
• Method for welcoming new municipalities into cooperation is established.
Potential for learning or transfer
All municipalities face today the challenge of providing welfare services to those people
and entrepreneurs living and operating in the municipality as cost-effective as possible. The demographic trends mean that the challenge is sharpened even more. Digitization provides new opportunities for organizing activities more efficiently and encouraging cooperation amongst regions.
Please login to see the expert opinion of this good practice.