On 16 December, the Policy Learning Platform is organising an online discussion on the topic of EU industrial strategy.
The origin of the request for online discussion on the topic of EU Industrial Strategy comes from the interest generated during the online discussion on smart specialisation strategies for sustainable and inclusive growth (S4+). Furthermost, the Interreg Europe community's preferences on the topic was reflected on a survey aimed at choosing the topic of interest for MS4.
On 10 March 2020, the European Commission adopted the EU Industrial Strategy to lead the twin transitions towards climate neutrality and digital leadership. This strategy outlines three drivers for industrial transformation: global competition, climate neutrality, and a digital future. All this is underpinned by a set of inter-connected and reinforcing elements:
- Certainty for industry and a deeper and more digital single market
- Upholding a global level playing field
- A shift to climate neutrality
- Building a more circular economy
- Embedding industrial innovation
- Skilling and re-skilling
- Investment and financing the transition
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the EU Industrial Strategy was updated to promote Europe’s recovery in May 2021.
Objectives of the event
- Exchanging experience and discussing the EU Industrial Strategy and how it affects regional research and innovation policymaking
- Presentation of good practices from selected Interreg Europe projects
- Discussion of the path towards regional adaptation of the EU Industrial Strategy
- To facilitate networking between Interreg Europe projects
This event is on invite only.
Image credit: Interreg Europe - Europecooperates Network 2015.
BSC, Ltd., Kranj, RDA of Gorenjska has been preparing 3 educational presentations on Energy sector demand and objectives for the transition to green mobility.
Learn more about the Policy Learning Platform and its services with our new video!
For the first time, renewables were the dominant power source in Europe’s electric grid in 2020.