On 9 November 2021 from 10:30 to 12:00 CET, the Policy Learning Platform is hosting an interactive webinar on cultural heritage in mountain regions.
Mountains cover almost one third of the EU territory and together with remote areas they house 57% of the European population and account for 46% of the gross added value produced in the EU.
Beyond the natural heritage, these areas also possess a rich cultural heritage that links to our common European history. However, challenges such as depopulation and systematic lack of services make it difficult to valorise the cultural heritage.
For this reason, we have put together a webinar that will put forward EU initiatives that both local and regional authorities can take up to boost sustainable development in mountain areas through valorisation of cultural heritage. Register today!
What you can expect
- Short interview with Marie Clotteau, director at Euromontana, on cultural heritage as a development asset for European mountain regions
Showcasing museums and food cultures of mountain regions
- Digitalising cultural heritage of mountains: the iALP experience will be presented by Veronica Lisino, Curator, Centro Documentazione Museomontagna (IT) – Interreg ALCOTRA
- The Carphatian Culinary Heritage Network by Nicoleta Lașan, Executive Director, Satu Mare County Intercommunity Development Association (RO) and Daniela Culic, Director Chamber of Commerce and Industry Satu Mare - EPICAH project
Featuring castles and trails in mountain regions
- Increasing accessibility: the barrier-free Castle of Stará Ľubovňa will be presented by Otília Barlíková, Project Manager at the Regional Development Agency of the Prešov Self-Governing Region (SK) – CRinMA project (TBC)
- Valorising a natural footpaths in Alto Alentejo by Sofia Martins, EU Project Manager at Irradiare, Alentejo (PT) – RAMSAT project
Register today and get your questions ready for our speakers!
Image credit: INNOCASTLE Castle of Piedrabuena in Badajoz, Spain
The webinar, to take place on 27 October, will explore synergies between energy and mobility planning, as well as land-use planning and sustainable development ...
On October, 27th 2021 will be held the third webinar foreseen in the approved Regional Action Plan by Regione Piemonte
Join RAMSAT Online Thematic Seminar “Use of Natural Heritage for Cultural Tourism” that will take place on November 4 (09:45-13:00) CEST!