The Policy Learning Platform is back with a new webinar in its cycling cities webinar series to continue the journey to support cities and regions in designing policies to foster urban cycling started in early 2021.
On 16 September from 14:00 to 15:30 CET a new cycling cities webinar will take place. It will focus on cargo bikes for the last mile.
Policy makers, urban planners and clean mobility managers, will have the chance to discover principles for setting up cargo bike hubs and how to design policy framework for last mile cargo bike deliveries in city centers. Financial support schemes for the purchase of cargo bikes, strategies to build e-cargo bike fleets and e-cargo bike lease schemes for SMEs will also be showcased.
What you can expect
We have invited experts in the field to share their experiences and recommendations with you:
- Dr. Tom Assmann, Researcher at the Otto von Gericke University Magdeburg, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Institute for Logistics and Materials, will shed light on planning principles for cargo bike hubs.
- Gordana Kolesarič, Senior Adviser at City of Maribor (Slovenia), will speak about last mile urban deliveries by cargo bikes in the Maribor city centre (RESOLVE).
- Frank Adenstedt, Project Officer at the Landkreis Grafschaft Bentheim (Germany), will illustrate a financial support scheme for the purchase of cargo bikes (PE4TRANS).
- Hayley Roche, Senior Transport Planner (Cycling, walking and smarter travel), Milton Keynes Council (United Kingdom), will focus on an e-cargo bikes lease scheme for businesses and how e-cargo bikes can help building a greener, more circular and just society (INTENSIFY).
Upcoming cycling cities webinar
- Cycling cities V: Cost-benefit comparisons of bicycles versus cars for policy makers on 23 September 2021 from 14:00 to 15:30 PM
Past cycling cities webinars
- Cycling cities I: Strategic planning for cycling
- Cycling cities II: Infrastructure development for cycling
- Cycling cities III: Getting more people to cycle
Image credit: Photo by MART PRODUCTION from Pexels
A solar bike tour leads to the solar roofs in Gehrden and Ronnenberg
Join the cycling cities series edition on cost-benefit comparisons of bicycles versus cars on 23 September from 14:00 to 15:30 PM CET.
Interreg eBussed interregional learning event on ‘Procurement and Tendering of Electric Buses’
In the context of the Interreg Europe project eBussed, HU...