The Policy Learning Platform is back with a new webinar in its cycling cities webinar series to continue the journey to support cities and regions in designing policies to foster urban cycling started in early 2021.
On 16 September from 14:00 to 15:30 CEST a new cycling cities webinar will take place. It will focus on cargo bikes for the last mile.
Policy makers, urban planners and clean mobility managers, will have the chance to discover principles for setting up cargo bike hubs and how to design policy framework for last mile cargo bike deliveries in city centers. Financial support schemes for the purchase of cargo bikes, strategies to build e-cargo bike fleets and e-cargo bike lease schemes for SMEs will also be showcased.
What you can expect
We have invited experts in the field to share their experiences and recommendations with you:
- Dr. Tom Assmann, Researcher at the Otto von Gericke University Magdeburg, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Institute for Logistics and Materials, will shed light on planning principles for cargo bike hubs.
- Gordana Kolesarič, Senior Adviser at City of Maribor (Slovenia), will speak about last mile urban deliveries by cargo bikes in the Maribor city centre (RESOLVE).
- Frank Adenstedt, Project Officer at the Landkreis Grafschaft Bentheim (Germany), will illustrate a financial support scheme for the purchase of cargo bikes (PE4TRANS).
- Hayley Roche, Senior Transport Planner (Cycling, walking and smarter travel), Milton Keynes Council (United Kingdom), will focus on an e-cargo bikes lease scheme for businesses and how e-cargo bikes can help building a greener, more circular and just society (INTENSIFY).
Upcoming cycling cities webinar
- Cycling cities V: Cost-benefit comparisons of bicycles versus cars for policy makers on 23 September 2021 from 14:00 to 15:30 PM
Past cycling cities webinars
- Cycling cities I: Strategic planning for cycling
- Cycling cities II: Infrastructure development for cycling
- Cycling cities III: Getting more people to cycle
Image credit: Photo by MART PRODUCTION from Pexels
The Policy Learning Platform is hosting a trilogy on the topic of e-mobility! Join us starting from 30 November, every Tuesday from 14:00 to 15:30 PM!
An Action plan and a Policy brief for the promotion of renewable energy
Carpathian Startup Fest in Poland
One of the biggest startup events in the Region?
As you've already been informed - on the 28 of October, Polish Partner of t...
AgroRES partner, Institute of Technology Sligo (IT Sligo) arranges Cross Cut Visit to Ireland. AgroRES project partners and their stakeholders from Ireland, Eng...
Join us on 27 October, from 14:00 to 15:30 PM, for a webinar and learn about how to develop integrated low-carbon strategies.
Join the Policy Learning Platform for a webinar on developing integrated low-carbon strategies on 27 October, from 14:00 to 15:30 CET.