On 3-4 June 2021, the European Alliance for Apprenticeships and the European Committee of the Regions are organising a high-level conference on apprenticeships. It will put the spotlight on how stakeholders at different levels can deliver high-quality apprenticeships for all. Participants will also discover some good practices implemented during the COVID-19 outbreak that are expected to remain after the pandemic.
Who will attend?
Spread over two-half days, the online event will be divided into two to three sessions a day and other organisers include:
- the European Commission,
- the European Committee of the Regions,
- the European Association of Regional & Local Authorities for lifelong learning (EARLALL),
- the German delegation at the CoR,
- the Basque Government
The European Commissioner for Jobs and Social Rights, Nicolas Schmidt, and the President of the Committee of the Regions, Apostolos Tzitzikostas will speak during a political dialogue, and contributions will be made from the Chair of the Commission for Social Policy, Education, Employment, Research and Culture (SEDEC).
Our SME competitiveness thematic expert Mart Veliste, on behalf of the Policy Learning Platform, will participate and speak in the two following discussions:
Session 4 - Encouraging cross border cooperation thematic discussion
The thematic discussion, moderated by Noelia Cantero will start at 9:50 CET and the other speakers will include:
- Ms Heike Raab, Secretary of State for Federal and European Affairs, Media and Digitalisation in Rheinland-Pfalz, and CoR Member
- Ms Ilaria Mascitti and Mr Francesco Pisanu, Autonomous Province of Trento, Department of Education – DUALPLUS Project: ‘The Atelier of Learning’
Session 5 - One year after the Covid-19 outbreak: Good practices that will remain
Our expert will also participate in the session 5 that starts at 10:45 CET. Norbert Schöbel will moderate the discussion and will also speak:
- Vlassis Korovilos , Cedefop expert
- Denis Leamy, Chief Executive, Cork Education and Training Board and Chair of the OECD Local Employment and Economic Development Directing Committee
- Maria Fabiani, Advisor of the Metropolitan City of Rome
Some parts of the event will also be translated into Italian, French, German, Portuguese, Greek and Spanish.
Credit: Photo by the Directorate-General for Employment, Social Affairs & inclusion
On 29 and 30 June the Policy Learning Platform is organising an in-person peer review for the city of Tartu on green deal accelerator and impact investment fund
Join us on 21 September from 14:00 to 17:00 CET for a workshop and learn more about strategies for a competitive and sustainable tourism sector
This unique and unprecedented 23rd edition will be the first major augmented event: both physical and digital.