Join the Policy Learning Platform for a webinar on the topic of Centres of Competence (CoC) on 25 September from 10:30 to 12:00.
A Centre of Competence (CoC) is defined as a 'structured, long-term research and innovation (R&I) collaboration in strategically important areas between academia and industry with frequent interactions with the public sector. A CoC focuses on strategic research agendas, support strong interactions between science and industry and provides truly collaborative research with a medium to long-term perspective' (TAFTIE).
They are usually located in universities and focus on regional strategic sectors in applied research projects in collaboration with leading regional businesses. The main operational objective of Centres of Competence is to strengthen university-industry collaboration thus accelerating the innovation process and leading to economic growth.
The webinar focuses on the following objectives
- To explore how Centres of Competence participate in the regional policy-mix for research and innovation.
- To look at synergies between Digital Innovation Hubs (DIHs) and Centres of Competence.
- To complement the policy brief on University-industry collaboration that introduced Centres of Competence.
- To explore the latest policy services offered in Centres of Competence, good practices and networking opportunities.
You can expect to hear from
- Gabriel Rissola, Senior Scientist, Joint Research Centre (JRC) S3 Platform, will present synergies between Digital Innovation Hubs (DIHs) and Centres of Competence (CoCs)
- Tzvetan Spassov, Director of Project Selection and Contracting, Science and Education for Smart Growth Operational Programme Executive Agency, Sofia, Bulgaria, will present how the Policy Learning Platform peer review addressed some of the policy challenges regarding Centres of Competence (CoCs) in Bulgaria.
- Other speakers to be announced soon.
Prepare your questions and register today!
Image credit: Photo by Alex Powell from Pexels
The European Union is embarking on five missions guiding Horizon Europe, the next EU research and innovation programme for 2021-2027.
The Energy Agency of Podravje (ENERGAP) held a virtual Study Visit on the energy refurbishment and collaboration with janitors
Join Scotland's biggest digital health and care event, providing the opportunity to share learning, innovative ideas and solutions!