Join the Policy Learning Platform for a webinar on the topic of Centres of Competence (CoC) on 25 September from 10:30 to 12:00.
A Centre of Competence (CoC) is defined as a 'structured, long-term research and innovation (R&I) collaboration in strategically important areas between academia and industry with frequent interactions with the public sector. A CoC focuses on strategic research agendas, support strong interactions between science and industry and provides truly collaborative research with a medium to long-term perspective' (TAFTIE).
They are usually located in universities and focus on regional strategic sectors in applied research projects in collaboration with leading regional businesses. The main operational objective of Centres of Competence is to strengthen university-industry collaboration thus accelerating the innovation process and leading to economic growth.
The webinar focuses on the following objectives
- To explore how Centres of Competence participate in the regional policy-mix for research and innovation.
- To look at synergies between Digital Innovation Hubs (DIHs) and Centres of Competence.
- To complement the policy brief on University-industry collaboration that introduced Centres of Competence.
- To explore the latest policy services offered in Centres of Competence, good practices and networking opportunities.
You can expect to hear from
- Gabriel Rissola, Senior Scientist, Joint Research Centre (JRC) S3 Platform, will present synergies between Digital Innovation Hubs (DIHs) and Centres of Competence (CoCs)
- Tzvetan Spassov, Director of Project Selection and Contracting, Science and Education for Smart Growth Operational Programme Executive Agency, Sofia, Bulgaria, will present how the Policy Learning Platform peer review addressed some of the policy challenges regarding Centres of Competence (CoCs) in Bulgaria.
- Other speakers to be announced soon.
Prepare your questions and register today!
Image credit: Photo by Alex Powell from Pexels
In recent years, we have aimed to strengthen the Northern Netherlands innovation ecosystem.
Monitoris3 good practice on KPI used for Urban digital transformation inspired the Interreg Community
The Policy Learning Platform organised a webinar on digital innovation ecosystems on 25 February. Watch the recording and access the presentations.
Do you want to know how your region could reuse water and manage urban water waste? Join the webinar on 9 March from 10:00 to 11:30 PM!
Join the Policy Learning Platform on our introductory 30-minute workplace training webinar on 12 March 2021
Join the final conference of STrategies for Regional INnovative Food Clusters about the future innovation strategies for food clusters and the Farm to Fork.