Join the Policy Learning Platform for a webinar on the topic of Centres of Competence (CoC) on 25 September from 10:30 to 12:00.
A Centre of Competence (CoC) is defined as a 'structured, long-term research and innovation (R&I) collaboration in strategically important areas between academia and industry with frequent interactions with the public sector. A CoC focuses on strategic research agendas, support strong interactions between science and industry and provides truly collaborative research with a medium to long-term perspective' (TAFTIE).
They are usually located in universities and focus on regional strategic sectors in applied research projects in collaboration with leading regional businesses. The main operational objective of Centres of Competence is to strengthen university-industry collaboration thus accelerating the innovation process and leading to economic growth.
The webinar focuses on the following objectives
- To explore how Centres of Competence participate in the regional policy-mix for research and innovation.
- To look at synergies between Digital Innovation Hubs (DIHs) and Centres of Competence.
- To complement the policy brief on University-industry collaboration that introduced Centres of Competence.
- To explore the latest policy services offered in Centres of Competence, good practices and networking opportunities.
You can expect to hear from
- Gabriel Rissola, Senior Scientist, Joint Research Centre (JRC) S3 Platform, will present synergies between Digital Innovation Hubs (DIHs) and Centres of Competence (CoCs)
- Tzvetan Spassov, Director of Project Selection and Contracting, Science and Education for Smart Growth Operational Programme Executive Agency, Sofia, Bulgaria, will present how the Policy Learning Platform peer review addressed some of the policy challenges regarding Centres of Competence (CoCs) in Bulgaria.
- Other speakers to be announced soon.
Prepare your questions and register today!
Image credit: Photo by Alex Powell from Pexels
What makes a destination management policy more effective? Destination SMEs project will share tips and tricks on governance and empowerment of SMEs.
Our project is drawing to a close - time to look at results!
A new call for proposal launched in Emilia-Romagna Region, bringing greater emphasis on sustainable packaging - the core of Emilia-Romagna FC4EU Action Plan
Dedicated Study Tour on smart and sustainable tourism mobility in Funchal, Madeira, Portugal, organised by partner 'Horarios do Funchal'
Partners will get together online for the fifth learning journey.
With the event's organizers, I'd like to invite you to the provincial celebration of the European Funds Open Days (DOFE) - this time in a completely new version...