Join the Policy Learning Platform on 16 June from 10:30 to 12:00 CEST for a webinar on public procurement of innovation (PPI). This webinar will show policymakers how the use of demand-side measures such as PPI can boost regional innovation capabilities.
Public procurement of innovation (PPI) is a demand-side innovation approach to develop new products or services with the objective to stimulate innovation.
The Europe 2020 strategy includes public procurement as one of the market-based instruments that should be used to achieve the objectives of smart, sustainable and inclusive growth.
The 2011 Commission Green Paper on the Modernisation of EU Public Procurement Policy suggests ways to improve existing procurement tools to pursue common societal goals and the provision of high-quality public services.
Public procurement is also one potential tool to be included in regional smart specialisation strategies (S3).
- Explore the concept of public procurement of innovation (PPI)
- Complement the policy brief on Industry 4.0 and University-Industry collaboration and our Mission-oriented innovations webinar that presented the concept of public procurement
- Look into the latest policy trends in public procurement of innovation and the latest policy findings from policymakers and experts
- Explore Good Practices from selected Interreg Europe projects
- Facilitate networking between projects and participants
Topics and Speakers
- Diego Moñux from Science Innovation Link (SILO) will focus on how to incorporate PPI in regional S3
- Mantas Vilys from Lithuanian Innovation Center (LIC) will focus on Pre-commercial procurement support scheme
- Iñaki Gutierrez Ibarluzea, Director of Organisational and Managerial Innovation of the Basque Foundation for Health Innovation and Research (BIOEF) will focus on Innovative Public Procurement Office
The webinar will give you the opportunity to connect with experts in the field and to engage in a discussion to find answers to your policy questions regarding PPI.
You might also be interested in attending the webinar on innovative approaches to green public procurement. Organised by our environment and resource efficiency Thematic Experts and taking place on 25 June from 14:00 to 15:30 PM CEST. Register now.
Image credit: Photo by John Adams on Unsplash
INNO PROVEMENT project ended the phase of thematic exchanges among the partners, and the last transnational meeting, hosted by Marche Region.
Technology and innovation advisroy services foster interactions between experts who provide SMEs with their knowledge to improve their business operations.
When technologies are tailored for the elderly they have the potential of improving their quality of life and enable them to be active in local communities.
This online workshop will include good practices on Industry 4.0 and it will showcase emerging trends in skills development.
ITHACA’s Final Conference “Transformation and Scaling of Innovation in Health and Care” – (livestream) | 21 September 2021 | 14.00 – 16.30 (CET)
Final Conference FC4EU on the 7th of October