On 29 April from 14:30 to 16:00 CET, the Policy Learning Platform is hosting a webinar on the topic of open data for smarter cities. Measuring energy and transport data allows for the design of better measures. This came forward of high importance since the workshop on energy efficiency in Florence and the workshop on mobility in Manchester. Various Interreg Europe projects put forward good practices on data collection for better management, both in the area of energy and mobility.
Some cities have gone a step further and made all collected data on public services available and accessible, not only to the concerned public services, but also to the general public. Hoping to foster better energy and mobility management, and private sector innovation at the same time. This webinar will explore the more complete examples of open public data with examples from several Interreg Europe projects.
Here is what you can expect:
- To introduce the concept of smart open data centres and related good practices from across Europe
- To raise awareness about the importance and opportunities related to making data on public infrastructures like energy and transport public
- To enable Interreg Europe project participants as well as other local policymakers to exchange knowledge and good pratices on the topic
Topics and speakers
- Alessandra Barbieri, from the Municipality of Florence and Sergio Gatteschi, from the regional resource recovery agency of Tuscany (EMPOWER and REBUS project), will present the Florence Smart City Control Room.
- Jiri Stich, advisor to the Usti Region in charge of Smart Region concept, will present Usti Region Open Data Hub PORTABO.
- Hugo Niesing, advisor to the City of Arnhem, Resourcefully (CleanMobilEnergy project) will present the Integrated Energy Management System for smarter cities. An example of a low-carbon innovation made possible through opening public data on energy and mobility.
The webinar will give you the opportunity to connect with experts in the field and to engage in a discussion to find answers to your questions. Make sure to register today.
Image credit: Photo by Pixabay from Pexels
Covid and the impact on the OSS consortium
Since March 2020 all OSS partners have been under various (types of) lockdown, have supported waves of covid, have b...
Norway in the time of crisis
What's the economic situation in Norway, and what restrictions are kept there because of Covid-19?
According to the data of the N...
Next summer Turku region, which is one of the six eBussed project districts, will have a drastic change in the number of its e-buses. Currently, the public tran...
Our conference presents how practical experiences and regional policy incentives were shared and led to new insights, policy recommendations and running action.
Join us on 27 May for a three-hour online workshop and learn how to restore rivers and wetlands and their ecosystem services.
The Policy Learning Platform is organising an online discussion on the topic of smart specialisation strategies for sustainable and inclusive growth (S4+).