On 18 February from 10:30 to 12:00, the Policy Learning Platform is organising a webinar on the topic of mission oriented innovation policies. The concept of mission-oriented innovation policies is at the centre of Horizon Europe, the next research and innovation framework programme 2021-2027. Mission-oriented innovation policies have the ambitious objective to foster disruptive and breakthrough innovations to respond to the 21st century social, environmental, and economic 'Grand Challenges' such as climate change and resource efficiency, demographic change, clean energy, inclusive societies, bioeconomy…
Professor Mariana Mazzucato popularised this concept in 2018, when she wrote a European Commission report titled Mission-oriented research & innovation in the European Union. The report makes strategic recommendations to policymakers to maximise the impact of the future EU Framework Programme for Research and Innovation through mission-oriented policies.
The Policy Learning Platform will present the concept of mission-oriented innovation policies and its regional importance. This will be followed by presentations of successful and applied mission-oriented good practices:
- How to apply mission-oriented policies at the regional level – presented by Elvira Uyarra from the University of Manchester.
- Ekologis – a City Logistics Project - presented by Šárka Tomanová, Prague City Hall (Czech Republic)
- Ambition Research Development 2020 - presented by Nathalie Boulanger, Dev’Up Centre-Val de Loire (France)
Here is what you can expect from the webinar
- Understand the importance of mission-oriented innovation policies for regional innovation strategies
- Get access to the latest tools, trends and policy findings on mission-oriented innovation policies
- Gain insights on how to implement mission-oriented innovation policies
- Get inspired from good practices implementing mission-oriented innovation policies
- Ask your questions to experts and peers in the field
Grab a coffee, prepare your questions and join us on 18 February from 10:30 to 12:00. You can also submit your question(s) in advance while registering through the form below.
Image credit: Photo by Burak K from Pexels
SMOOTH PORTS Partners met on February 5th and 6th in Livorno. Both days were used to discuss the project progress, a workshop, a case study and site-visits.
Festivals are going green to reduce waste and minimize their impact on the environment. Interreg Europe WINPOL project sets a great example.
The Interreg Europe secretariat is currently looking for a project finance officer to cover a maternity leave.
Boost your chances of having your project present during the EU Regions Week on 12-15 October 2020. Let us guide you through the application.
The 1st Peer review meeting with emphasis on the hosting region's Centre-Val de Loire RIS3 in link with the Thematic Objective 1 of the ERDF OP.
Image copyright: © Jug Thule