On 18 February from 10:30 to 12:00, the Policy Learning Platform is organising a webinar on the topic of mission oriented innovation policies. The concept of mission-oriented innovation policies is at the centre of Horizon Europe, the next research and innovation framework programme 2021-2027. Mission-oriented innovation policies have the ambitious objective to foster disruptive and breakthrough innovations to respond to the 21st century social, environmental, and economic 'Grand Challenges' such as climate change and resource efficiency, demographic change, clean energy, inclusive societies, bioeconomy…
Professor Mariana Mazzucato popularised this concept in 2018, when she wrote a European Commission report titled Mission-oriented research & innovation in the European Union. The report makes strategic recommendations to policymakers to maximise the impact of the future EU Framework Programme for Research and Innovation through mission-oriented policies.
The Policy Learning Platform will present the concept of mission-oriented innovation policies and its regional importance. This will be followed by presentations of successful and applied mission-oriented good practices:
- How to apply mission-oriented policies at the regional level – presented by Elvira Uyarra from the University of Manchester.
- Ekologis – a City Logistics Project - presented by Šárka Tomanová, Prague City Hall (Czech Republic)
- Ambition Research Development 2020 - presented by Nathalie Boulanger, Dev’Up Centre-Val de Loire (France)
Here is what you can expect from the webinar
- Understand the importance of mission-oriented innovation policies for regional innovation strategies
- Get access to the latest tools, trends and policy findings on mission-oriented innovation policies
- Gain insights on how to implement mission-oriented innovation policies
- Get inspired from good practices implementing mission-oriented innovation policies
- Ask your questions to experts and peers in the field
Grab a coffee, prepare your questions and join us on 18 February from 10:30 to 12:00. You can also submit your question(s) in advance while registering through the form below.
Image credit: Photo by Burak K from Pexels
Early Warning Europe is providing new legal tools to rescue viable businesses in distress and given honest but bankrupt entrepreneurs a second chance.
We all know the current world situation. As I wrote before, many companies decided or still are making decisions about changing the way they work. First ...
BV has been in charge of the mechanical design and 3D printing of the ventilators for hospitals.
Infoshare is an innovative conference which is devoted to new trends in the field of IT, marketing and the Internet. The keynote of the conference is sharing kn...
The seven TraCS3 project partners meet in North-East Romania from 28 to 30 April 2020.
The third learning journey will be taking place in Catanzaro, Italy on 28 & 29 April 2020