On 18 February from 10:30 to 12:00, the Policy Learning Platform is organising a webinar on the topic of mission oriented innovation policies. The concept of mission-oriented innovation policies is at the centre of Horizon Europe, the next research and innovation framework programme 2021-2027. Mission-oriented innovation policies have the ambitious objective to foster disruptive and breakthrough innovations to respond to the 21st century social, environmental, and economic 'Grand Challenges' such as climate change and resource efficiency, demographic change, clean energy, inclusive societies, bioeconomy…
Professor Mariana Mazzucato popularised this concept in 2018, when she wrote a European Commission report titled Mission-oriented research & innovation in the European Union. The report makes strategic recommendations to policymakers to maximise the impact of the future EU Framework Programme for Research and Innovation through mission-oriented policies.
The Policy Learning Platform will present the concept of mission-oriented innovation policies and its regional importance. This will be followed by presentations of successful and applied mission-oriented good practices:
- How to apply mission-oriented policies at the regional level – presented by Elvira Uyarra from the University of Manchester.
- Ekologis – a City Logistics Project - presented by Šárka Tomanová, Prague City Hall (Czech Republic)
- Ambition Research Development 2020 - presented by Nathalie Boulanger, Dev’Up Centre-Val de Loire (France)
Here is what you can expect from the webinar
- Understand the importance of mission-oriented innovation policies for regional innovation strategies
- Get access to the latest tools, trends and policy findings on mission-oriented innovation policies
- Gain insights on how to implement mission-oriented innovation policies
- Get inspired from good practices implementing mission-oriented innovation policies
- Ask your questions to experts and peers in the field
Grab a coffee, prepare your questions and join us on 18 February from 10:30 to 12:00. You can also submit your question(s) in advance while registering through the form below.
Image credit: Photo by Burak K from Pexels
SMOOTH PORTS Partners met on February 5th and 6th in Livorno. Both days were used to discuss the project progress, a workshop, a case study and site-visits.
Are you interested in open data? Apply to become the next Datathon winner!
You can now watch the replay and access the presentations of the webinar on mission-oriented innovation policies that took place on 18 February.