Based on previous project activities, cluster NMWP.NRW has drafted a regional Action Plan for improving entrepreneurial support in the field of Key Enabling Technologies, such as nanotechnologies or new materials. The measures foreseen in the Action Plan could be carried out and coordinated by cluster NMWP.NRW in collaboration with selected strategic partners. All actions and services proposed would be based on existing strengths and competences of the cluster management and open new and unique opportunities of entrepreneurial support in the field of KET. Wherever possible and applicable, the services offered by the cluster should build on, extend and supplement existing support programmes at regional or local level and be implemented in a concerted action with these programmes.
The measures will address:
- stimulation of entrepreneurship;
- tailor-cut networking and match-making of entrepreneurs, industrial firms, corporates, universities, research institutes and financial investors;
- coaching of entrepreneurs and business development of KET start-ups at strategic and operational level.
The measures addressed can be grouped in three main classes:
1. Basic support and information services;
2. Tailor-cut networking and matchmaking;
3. Individual coaching and business support.