The EU Green Week takes place on 1-5 June 2020 in Brussels. It is the biggest annual event on European environmental policy. The EU Green Week is an occasion for stakeholder debate at the European, national, as well as local level.
This year, the focus is on nature and biodiversity. These will be discussed in the context of the broader ecological crisis, paving the way for action, exploring possible pathways for the transformative change, and examining the role of EU policies like the European Green Deal.
In addition to the main conference, any event related to the main topics of the year - nature and biodiversity - can apply to become an EU Green Week 2020 partner event.
What is a partner event?
All partner events should take place between 4 May and 14 June 2020. Different event formats are possible:
- Workshops, seminars, conferences;
- Public discussions;
- Awareness-raising or educational events;
- Open Doors Days or Info Days;
- Guided walks, tours and visits;
- Training and networking events;
- Exhibitions, fairs or festivals;
- Online events, such as webinars.
To be listed as a partner event, the event topic should be linked to the EU Green Week themes. However, the focus and aims can be on different aspects:
- Raising awareness of specific issues;
- Exchanging knowledge and sharing success stories on protecting biodiversity and nature;
- Promoting results and solutions available from different projects;
- Demonstrating good practices on managing biodiversity in different sectors;
- Discussing the role of the EU and its policies;
- Generating input for future EU actions.
A list of selected partner events will be published on the EU Green Week website. The most relevant events will also be promoted on social media. Selected partner events can make use of the EU Green Week branding (toolkit will be provided).
How to apply?
To apply, complete and submit the online application form by 13 March 2020.
For more information, see the EU Green Week partner events guidelines.