The RegioStars awards application process for the year 2016 is now open. The objective of the awards is to identify good practices in regional development and to highlight original and innovative projects which could be attractive and inspiring to other regions.
The Award Categories for 2016 are:
- SMART GROWTH: Emerging opportunities in the global economy
- SUSTAINABLE GROWTH: Circular Economy
- INCLUSIVE GROWTH: Integrated living – building inclusive and non-segregated communities
- CITYSTAR: Innovative solutions for sustainable urban development
- EFFECTIVE MANAGEMENT: Making a difference by managing differently
In order to be considered for selection of the Regiostars 2016 awards to be submitted by the INTERREG IVC / Interreg Europe programme, you should express your interest by filling an online form as soon as possible but not later than 17 March 2016.
This year's RegioStars award ceremony will take place on Tuesday, October 11, during the 2016 European Week of Regions and Cities.
The RegioStars Awards have been organised by the European Commission since 2008.
There are four Interreg projects among RegioStars finalists which could win a public award. Give your vote for one of them!
This year Interreg Europe nominated TR3S and I-SPEED projects for the RegioStars Awards 2017. Results to be announced in October.
It was jointly organised between Interreg Europe projects SOCIAL SEEDS, SOCENTSPAs and RaiSE.