The RegioStars awards application process for the year 2016 is now open. The objective of the awards is to identify good practices in regional development and to highlight original and innovative projects which could be attractive and inspiring to other regions.
The Award Categories for 2016 are:
- SMART GROWTH: Emerging opportunities in the global economy
- SUSTAINABLE GROWTH: Circular Economy
- INCLUSIVE GROWTH: Integrated living – building inclusive and non-segregated communities
- CITYSTAR: Innovative solutions for sustainable urban development
- EFFECTIVE MANAGEMENT: Making a difference by managing differently
In order to be considered for selection of the Regiostars 2016 awards to be submitted by the INTERREG IVC / Interreg Europe programme, you should express your interest by filling an online form as soon as possible but not later than 17 March 2016.
This year's RegioStars award ceremony will take place on Tuesday, October 11, during the 2016 European Week of Regions and Cities.
The RegioStars Awards have been organised by the European Commission since 2008.
Innovation has a key role to play in areas of technology, social impact, policymaking, administration, and entrepreneurship of cultural heritage
On 23 September, the Policy Learning Platform hosted the fifth edition of the cycling cities series on the cost benefit analysis of bicycles versus cars.
Sustainable. Participatory. Affordable. Innovative forms of financing – an interactive session by the EU Commission and the EIB at the 19th #EURegionsWeek...