RegioStars Awards gives recognition to inspiring and innovative Cohesion Policy projects. For the 2018 Awards, 21 finalists have been shortlisted out of 102 applications in five categories:
- Supporting smart industrial transition
- Achieving sustainability through low carbon emissions
- Creating better access to public services
- Tackling migration challenges
- Investing in cultural heritage
The vote is now open for the 2018 RegioStars' public choice award. Select your favourite and cast your vote by 7 October (midnight). You can read more about the finalists and vote on the RegioStars website.
Out of all the inspiring projects on the list, you might want to check out these Interreg projects in particular:
- ClimACT (Interreg Sudoe) under the category ‘Achieving sustainability through low carbon emissions’
- Iron-Age-Danube (Danube Transnational Programme) under the category ‘Investing in cultural heritage’
- Raised Bogs – a Unique European Area (Interreg Poland-Slovakia) under the category ‘Investing in cultural heritage’
- ReproUnion (Interreg Sweden-Denmark-Norway) under the category ‘Creating better access to public services’
- RE-CEREAL (Interreg Italy-Austria) under the category ‘Supporting smart industrial transition’
In addition to the public choice award, a jury of experts will select one project per category based on the projects' innovative character, impact, sustainability and partnership. The winners will be announced on 9 October during the European Week of Regions and Cities.
Stakeholders in Wales developed a first set of policy proposals for the Design Action Plan.
Cities across Europe are taking steps to become increasingly car free.
10-12.04.2018: participants from the partners regions of South-Tyrol, Malopolska and West-Transdanubia participated in the Staff Exchange in Lower Austria.
Sustainable best practice on St Olav Ways, Norway
This conference on Industrial and Hazardous Waste Management provides in a series of training courses and workshops.
The TBMCE will be devoted to presentations of circular economy concepts, technologies and methodologies that contribute to the shift of business entities and so...