Europe's most inspiring and innovating projects supported by Cohesion Policy funds were at centre stage during the 2015 RegioStars Awards ceremony on 14 October. Commissioner for Regional Policy Corina Creţu and RegioStars jury president MEP Lambert Van Nistelrooij announced the winning projects, chosen amongst 17 finalists in the following categories:
- Scandinavian Game Developers: Smart Growth – Unleashing SME growth potential for a digital economy;
- PICSA: Sustainable Growth – Mobilizing investments in energy efficiency for the benefit of citizens and society;
- "Diritti a scuola": Inclusive Growth – Integrating in society those at risk of social exclusion;
- "Eurocity of Chaves-Verin": CityStar – Transforming cities for future challenges.
The ‘IMAGINE’ project, co-financed by INTERREG IVC, was among the finalists in the fourth category ‘CityStar: Transforming cities for future challenges’.
The IMAGINE initiative focuses on inspiring change and developing the concept of ‘low-energy city with a high quality of life for all’ in order to contribute to enriching the reflections and strategies of social, institutional and economic players at all levels.
|Mr. Jeremy Draper (Milton Keynes Council),|
partner of IMAGINE, with Mrs. Corina Cretu and
Mr Lambert Van Nistelrooij at the award ceremony.
|Imagine project partners together with |
INTERREG IVC / Interreg Europe Secretariat
are honoured to be part of the RegioStars 2015.
The shortlisting of IMAGINE underlined the importance for cities to undertake participatory visioning processes. Together with local stakeholders, cities define the pathway of their energy transition. The cities involved in the project (Munich, Bistrita, Dobrich, Lille, Milton-Keynes, Modena, Figueres and Odense) have been reflecting on their own governance practices. They explore on how best to integrate their climate and energy policies in their overall urban development strategy.
'This shows that the energy transition is by far not only a technological challenge, but that governance, people, dialogue, political courage and cross-cutting approaches play a key role for cities and citizens' - explains Stephane Dupas, reprentative of the IMAGINE project.
- About IMAGINE project
- IMAGINE website
- The city in 2050 - comic by Rodho
- List of the RegioStars 2015 finalists and winning projects
- Presentation of the finalists (brochure)
- Videos about the winning projects
- Gallery from the RegioStar award ceremony 2015
Twitter: #interregeurope @EU_Regional @EU_Social @CorinaCretuEU #RegioStars
Join us on 2 March for an interactive webinar on how you can create regional opportunities through landfill rehabilitation.
It’s time to collect and share views on regional characteristics. 2nd Regional Stakeholder Event in Satakunta, Finland
SAVE THE DATE for the next 'Europe, let's cooperate! interregional cooperation forum' in 2020. Mark you agenda and join us on 9 June in Dubrovnik!