2018 marks the European Year of Cultural Heritage. Various activities, initiatives and events will take place at the EU, national, regional and local level throughout the year to celebrate our diverse cultural heritage and encourage new discoveries.
Several Interreg Europe projects are working on topics related to cultural heritage and contribute to the #EuropeForCulture agenda. Visit the project websites to learn more about their activities and plans for the year:
- CHRISTA: Culture and Heritage for Responsible, Innovative and Sustainable Tourism Actions
- CRE:HUB: policies for cultural CREative industries: the HUB for innovative regional development
- CRinMA: Cultural resources in the mountain areas
- Cult-RInG: Cultural Routes as Investment for Growth and Jobs
- Green Pilgrimage: Green Pilgrimage supporting natural and cultural heritage
- SHARE: Sustainable approach to cultural Heritage for the urban Areas Requalification in Europe
- CREADIS3: Smart Specialisation Creative Districts
- IMPACT: Innovative Models for Protected Areas: exChange and Transfer
The slogan for the year is: 'Our heritage: where the past meets the future'. Cultural heritage comes in many shapes and forms. It evolves over time and plays an important role in building the future of Europe, as well as our local communities and societies. It is therefore important to preserve and pass our cultural heritage on to future generations.
Follow the year on social media (#EuropeForCulture) and visit the official European Year of Cultural Heritage 2018 website for more information and an overview of activities during the year.
Cult-RInG project to be labelled for the European Year of Cultural Heritage 2018 !
CRE:HUB project selected by the European Commission as a relevant initiative to be labelled for the European Year of Cultural Heritage 2018 !
CHRISTA project selected as a relevant project to be labelled for the European Year of Cultural Heritage 2018 !