Europe is full of great examples of EU added value. However, these often go unnoticed by the public. To highlight these stories and to bring more positive examples into the EU sphere, nine Members of the European Parliament have launched a new action titled ‘Let the stars shine’. The aim is to draw more attention to the wealth of inspiring actions, projects and initiatives taking place across Europe.
The key idea is simple: we need better communication and more visibility for the European success stories. It is time to get creative and be more vocal about the work that is already being done.
To submit your story, you should answer three questions:
- In what way does your project contribute to better regional cooperation in Europe?
- Why would your project not be possible without participation in a European initiative or without use of EU funding?
- What new way of communicating have you used to involve citizens, your city and your region in your project?
How to participate
There is no specific format for submissions, as long as you reply to these three above. Proposals can be submitted until 21 December 2017 via email to [email protected].
- You can participate as a private citizen, as an association, an organisation or a company;
- Include the name and coordinates of a contact person;
- You can apply in two categories: biobased products or ‘other’;
- You can submit multiple proposals (as separate entries);
- Provide a brief description of your idea/project and its target audience (max. 500 words);
- You can send multiple annexes of any kind. Photos (before and after), videos, or other creative materials will be particularly appreciated.
In December 2017 a joint jury will judge the submitted proposals. The best projects and ideas will be presented in an exhibition in spring 2018 in the European Parliament.
'Let the stars shine' was launched on 30 August. It is a common initiative of nine Members of the European Parliament (from Bulgaria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Poland, Romania, and Slovenia) designed to highlight the added value of the EU and the results of its policies, including Cohesion Policy. You can participate as a private citizen, as an association, an organisation, or a company, even if you are not a citizen from one of the countries of the nine MEPs.
One of the measures of Regional Action Plan elaborated by “Euroregion Pleven-Olt” Association is already in progress...
SILVER SMEs invites you to its second international conference "Business Opportunities linked to Fragile & Vulnerable Ageing Population"
WINPOL has been invited to contribute to the final event of the European project Waste4Think which will take place on 8 October 2019 in Bilbao.
The TIME HAS COME!!! to register your interest in attending two amazing events during European Mobility Week to be held in Cork City on 20th September 2019.
Project partners of ELISE will meet at one of the last cooperation events at the beautiful seaside of Italian Rimini.
A draft version of the GPP4Growth action plan will be presented and discussed with the stakeholders.