On 2 June, we organised a webinar on 'Solutions for healthier people and planet' to highlight how interregional cooperation contributes to the zero pollution ambition. The webinar was organised as an EU Green Week partner event.
The webinar highlighted the active role regions play in Europe's transition towards a greener future and zero pollution ambition. Cooperation and sharing of good practices between regions accelerates the uptake of novel technologies and solutions for reducing pollution and working towards a healthier, cleaner environment.
During the webinar, speakers from TANIA, RESET and Green Screen shared their experiences. We also outlined how the Policy Learning Platform offers support to regions, and gave a preview into how the next Interreg Europe programme will continue to support further work towards greener Europe.
Shortcuts to specific sections of the webinar:
- 00:06:48 Martin Romantschuk (University of Helsinki) illustrates how inspiration from innovative remediation techniques from TANIA project are put into practice in Päijät-Häme (Finland);
- 00:18:09 Jan Marek (INOTEX) outlines how the RESET project has sparked new initiatives to develop sustainability and eco-creativity of the textile sector and within the Czech technical textiles cluster;
- 00:46:00 Matti Allam (Film London) shares an example of how the Green Screen project has inspired a pilot action in London to reduce the environmental impact and increase the use of renewable energy in audiovisual productions;
- 01:04:23 Astrid Severin (Interreg Europe Policy Learning Platform) introduces the peer review opportunities and other expert services available for regions through the Policy Learning Platform;
- 01:18:18 Nicolas Singer (Interreg Europe) gives an overview of the future of interregional cooperation in 2021-2027 and the next Interreg Europe programme.
More interregional cooperation in the EU Green Week context
We organise also other activities during the EU Green Week. Have a look at our EU Green Week overview, take part in our other webinars or come and meet us in a virtual exhibition!