The European Commission and the European Committee of the Regions (CoR) host an online event on 'Green and digital transition. The role of Regions and Cities' on 26 January 2021 (10:30-12:30 CET).
The focus of the event is on the role of regions and cities in speeding up the green and digital transition with apprenticeships and green and digital skills.
The event is organised jointly by the European Commission and the CoR, the European Association of Regional & Local Authorities for lifelong learning (EARLALL), the German delegation at the CoR and the Basque Government.
Contributions to the discussion will be delivered by:
- Chair: Norbert Schöbel, Team leader at DG Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion
- Moderator: Sandra Parthie, expert of the German Economic Institute
- Anne Karjalainen, Chair of the SEDEC Commission, Member of Kerava Municipal Council, CoR Rapporteur on ''A Strong Social Europe for Just Transitions''
- Francesco Pisanu, Head of the Office for the Evaluation of Educational Policies, Department of Education and Culture, Autonomous Province of Trento
- Rikardo Lamadrid, Director of Technology and Advanced Learning, Basque Government Regional Education Minister
- Mari Jose Barriola, Head of Unit Biosciences and Sustainability, TKNIKA- Basque VET Applied Research Center, Basque Government
- Emil Boc, Member of the CoR, Mayor of Cluj-Napoca, CoR Rapporteur on ''Achieving the European Education Area by 2025''
- Ralph Burghart, Mayor for Education, Youth, Social Affairs, Culture and Sport in the City of Chemnitz
- Päivi Korhonen, Director of Communication and Marketing at OMNIA, The Joint Authority of Education in the Espoo Region, Finland
On 2 March we organised a webinar on the Green transition under the European Recovery and Resilience Facility. Watch the recording and access the presentations.
Participation at n interactive webinar on the hot topic of green transition within the European Recovery and Resilience Facility (ERRF)
Lombardy regional institutions extend and imrpove incentives for e-vehicles.