The European Commission and the European Committee of the Regions (CoR) host an online event on 'Green and digital transition. The role of Regions and Cities' on 26 January 2021 (10:30-12:30 CET).
The focus of the event is on the role of regions and cities in speeding up the green and digital transition with apprenticeships and green and digital skills.
The event is organised jointly by the European Commission and the CoR, the European Association of Regional & Local Authorities for lifelong learning (EARLALL), the German delegation at the CoR and the Basque Government.
Contributions to the discussion will be delivered by:
- Chair: Norbert Schöbel, Team leader at DG Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion
- Moderator: Sandra Parthie, expert of the German Economic Institute
- Anne Karjalainen, Chair of the SEDEC Commission, Member of Kerava Municipal Council, CoR Rapporteur on ''A Strong Social Europe for Just Transitions''
- Francesco Pisanu, Head of the Office for the Evaluation of Educational Policies, Department of Education and Culture, Autonomous Province of Trento
- Rikardo Lamadrid, Director of Technology and Advanced Learning, Basque Government Regional Education Minister
- Mari Jose Barriola, Head of Unit Biosciences and Sustainability, TKNIKA- Basque VET Applied Research Center, Basque Government
- Emil Boc, Member of the CoR, Mayor of Cluj-Napoca, CoR Rapporteur on ''Achieving the European Education Area by 2025''
- Ralph Burghart, Mayor for Education, Youth, Social Affairs, Culture and Sport in the City of Chemnitz
- Päivi Korhonen, Director of Communication and Marketing at OMNIA, The Joint Authority of Education in the Espoo Region, Finland
Would a free software be able to contribute to the mobilization of citizens for an energy transition programme? Discover the SEN toolbox by Lucioles Energies.
Apply now for the New European Bauhaus prizes and get recognition for your local solutions for global challenges and positive transformation.
Development policies, Public passenger transport, Logistics
The Next2Met project is organising its fourth Policy Learning Event on 26 May 2021, hosted online by the Eastern and Midland Regional Assembly.
EU Green Week 2021 is dedicated to the zero pollution ambition. See how Interreg Europe contributes to the week and join us!
The 2021 edition of European Maritime Day takes place online on 20-21 May.