The fourth edition of CITIES Forum - 'together we shape a sustainable urban future' takes place on 30-31 January 2020 in Porto (Portugal). The conference is organised jointly by the European Commission, Directorate-General for Regional and Urban Policy, and the City of Porto.
The event brings together European, national and local stakeholders to discuss common achievements and reflect on the future directions of urban development within Cohesion Policy and the Urban Agenda for the EU.
The two-day programme covers a range of activities:
- panel discussions with high-level speakers
- workshops showcasing solutions and presenting good practices
- CityLab on balanced territorial development
- exhibition with urban organisations, programmes and initiatives
Topics discussed include:
- the European Urban Initiative
- the future of sustainable urban development including the Urban Agenda for the EU
- making use of European Regional Development Funds
- climate, environmental issues and transition towards a circular economy
- housing and equal access to services
- boosting digital transformation
- the way forward towards better urban policy making and urban investments
- localising the UN Agenda 2030 Sustainable Development Goals
More information is available on the event website.
The European Union is embarking on five missions guiding Horizon Europe, the next EU research and innovation programme for 2021-2027.
On November 12, the final conference for the SUPER-project was held on Zoom. Over 130 persons hade signed up for the event and around 80 persons participated. ...
Smooth Ports partners took part in a peer review workshop of Région Hauts-de-France on 'strategic port development plans and smart port solutions’