The fourth edition of CITIES Forum - 'together we shape a sustainable urban future' takes place on 30-31 January 2020 in Porto (Portugal). The conference is organised jointly by the European Commission, Directorate-General for Regional and Urban Policy, and the City of Porto.
The event brings together European, national and local stakeholders to discuss common achievements and reflect on the future directions of urban development within Cohesion Policy and the Urban Agenda for the EU.
The two-day programme covers a range of activities:
- panel discussions with high-level speakers
- workshops showcasing solutions and presenting good practices
- CityLab on balanced territorial development
- exhibition with urban organisations, programmes and initiatives
Topics discussed include:
- the European Urban Initiative
- the future of sustainable urban development including the Urban Agenda for the EU
- making use of European Regional Development Funds
- climate, environmental issues and transition towards a circular economy
- housing and equal access to services
- boosting digital transformation
- the way forward towards better urban policy making and urban investments
- localising the UN Agenda 2030 Sustainable Development Goals
More information is available on the event website.
Regional meeting of Spanish stakeholders in Granada
Do you want more information on issues discussed during the meeting?
Regional stakeholder's meeting in Poland
What issues were discussed during the meeting?
On May 21, 2021, the 6th Regional Meeting of Polish Stakeholders was o...
Pamplona presented the Solar Map of the City, a document analyzing its capacity to generate 76% of electricity with solar installations on building roofs.
The second regional stakeholder meeting (online) will discuss and further develop project ideas in the fields of "Regional agriculture", "Alternative agricultur...
On 1 and 2 July the Policy Learning Platform is organising an online peer review on landfill rehabilitation for the University and Hanseatic City of Greifswald.