EU Green Week takes over Brussels on 13-17 May 2019. This year's edition focuses particularly on environmental laws and the process of environmental implementation. Environmental laws will be addressed in a broad sense, covering water and air quality, protection of nature, as well as recycling and waste management.
Questions discussed during the week include:
- Do these laws really matter, and what the added benefits are for citizens?
- What does successful implementation look like?
- Why do "implementation gaps" exist?
- How can we move from knowing that stakeholders need to take ownership of these laws to actually making it happen?
- How can the EU facilitate the process, making sure that citizens' voices are heard?
In addition to the high-level policy summit, a series of satellite events will be organised across Europe.
- The call for proposals for Partner Events is already open. Have a look at the guidelines.
- The call for applications for an exhibition stand at the Brussels Conference is open until 28 February. See also the guidelines.
- Registration for participation at the Brussels Conference will open at the end of March 2019.
The partners gathered in Brussels for an intense capacity-building session hosted by ACR+
The marble mud discarded from Orosei quarries will be used to make tires, paints and building materials ! Discover more about this interesting project !
Partners visit a recycling centre in Nice with a social outlook