This conference is dedicated to smart specialisation. With the aim of painting a comprehensive picture of smart specialisation policy experience, the early results and their evaluation, as well as recent developments, implementation challenges, and methodologies for impact assessment will be discussed. Furthermore, they ways in which smart specialisation engages with global value chains and production networks going across borders will also be addressed.
The participants include representatives from academia, institutions and territorial authorities, who will have a unique opportunity to discuss and define the outlook for future research and policy analysis, and to address the challenges confronting policymakers and practitioners.
Practitioners and academics can apply to contribute to the event. Academic submissions and papers by practitioners or co-authored by academics and practitioners are welcome. Complete session proposals on a specific area/ issue including the list of 3-4 speakers and their papers can also be submitted.
Themes of interest include:
- Smart specialisation from design to implementation: lessons, challenges, opportunities, experiences and early results
- Methods for monitoring and evaluation
- Territorial economic analysis in support of smart specialisation
- Smart specialisation, global value chains, and production networks
- Urban challenges and strategies for innovation and development
- Trans-regional and trans-national cooperation
- Models of regional and multi-level governance
- The Entrepreneurial Discovery Process and stakeholder involvement
- The actors of smart specialisation: research organisations, businesses, public actors, civil society groups
- Smart specialisation experiences worldwide
- Submission of complete special session proposals
More information is available here.
Are you ready for #EURegionsWeek 2018? The registration is now open! Have a look at what is new for this year and how Interreg Europe contributes to the event.
University of Helsinki (P3) took part at the Conference on Ecology of Soil Microorganisms
The WIRE2018 conference held in Innsbruck 4-6 July 2018
The TBMCE will be devoted to presentations of circular economy concepts, technologies and methodologies that contribute to the shift of business entities and so...
The 5th European Water Conference will present and discuss progress in the implementation of EU water legislation on 21-22 September in Vienna.
CIVITAS Forum 2018 takes place 19-21 September in Umeå, Sweden focused on urban sustainable mobility issues and cleaner, better transport for Europe.