This conference is dedicated to smart specialisation. With the aim of painting a comprehensive picture of smart specialisation policy experience, the early results and their evaluation, as well as recent developments, implementation challenges, and methodologies for impact assessment will be discussed. Furthermore, they ways in which smart specialisation engages with global value chains and production networks going across borders will also be addressed.
The participants include representatives from academia, institutions and territorial authorities, who will have a unique opportunity to discuss and define the outlook for future research and policy analysis, and to address the challenges confronting policymakers and practitioners.
Practitioners and academics can apply to contribute to the event. Academic submissions and papers by practitioners or co-authored by academics and practitioners are welcome. Complete session proposals on a specific area/ issue including the list of 3-4 speakers and their papers can also be submitted.
Themes of interest include:
- Smart specialisation from design to implementation: lessons, challenges, opportunities, experiences and early results
- Methods for monitoring and evaluation
- Territorial economic analysis in support of smart specialisation
- Smart specialisation, global value chains, and production networks
- Urban challenges and strategies for innovation and development
- Trans-regional and trans-national cooperation
- Models of regional and multi-level governance
- The Entrepreneurial Discovery Process and stakeholder involvement
- The actors of smart specialisation: research organisations, businesses, public actors, civil society groups
- Smart specialisation experiences worldwide
- Submission of complete special session proposals
More information is available here.
20 speakers, 8 countries, 1 day - thats International Innovation Ecosystem Forum 2018 - open event designed by ELISE project. Everyone interested is invited.
Region of Crete (P6) took part in an International Conference focused on the project themes and where the project has been disseminated to relevant stakeholders
IMPACT project was present both at the Workshops session and the Market Place
A workshop focused on fostering the development of mountainous areas in the EU takes place in Brussels on 9 November 2018.
Bridging Countries – Reaching Europe
The 9th edition of EuroPCom takes place on 8-9 November 2018 in Brussels to discuss how to improve public communication and raise awareness of the EU policies.