The transition to a circular economy is a priority of the European agenda. Policymakers seek to encourage the shift from traditional linear ’take-make-consume-throw away’ economic patterns to a more sustainable closed-loop system of production, distribution and consumption, and at the same time to develop the green economy in their cities and regions.
ESPON, INTERACT, Interreg Europe and URBACT have joined forces to explore and share with participants in an interactive session:
- The European diversity of challenges and potential for moving to a circular economy
- The practical meaning of circular economy for cities and regions
- Good practices in circular economy approaches.
This session is organised by the Interreg Europe, ESPON, INTERACT and URBACT programmes and will take place during the European Week of Regions and Cities 2016 (EWRC).
You can only attend this workshop if registered to EWRC. Note that no on-site registration will be accepted this year. Register now!
- Workshop code: 12A61
- Check other workshops where the Interreg Europe programme is involved.
- Share your impressions about our workshop: #interregeurope; #EWRC
- Website of the European Week of Regions and Cities
European Week of Regions and Cities on social media