A new edition of the Committee of the Region's massive open online course (MOOC) will start on 15 January 2018. This third edition will focus on "How to make the most of EU resources for regions and cities".
The MOOC will provide information on present and future EU policies and programmes, as well as practical tools and examples of available funding opportunities and support at regional and local level.
The course is free and fully online. It will be available on Iversity, an online learning platform, and will include videos, factsheets, infographics, as well as some practical assignments that will let the course participants to interact with each other on the course platform.
The MOOC will last for six weeks (15 January-23 February 2018). Each week will be dedicated to a different topic. The workload will amount to about 1.5 hours per week. The course material will remain online for one year, so even if you cannot complete all chapters in January and February, you will have a chance to work through the course material at your own pace.
Overview and schedule:
- Chapter 1: Regions and cities in the EU (15-19 January 2018)
- Chapter 2: The EU budget: revenue, expenditure, management and prospects (22-26 January 2018)
- Chapter 3: EU Structural Funds and cohesion policy: supporting growth and solidarity (29 January-2 February 2018)
- Chapter 4: The social dimension of the EU funding (5-9 February 2018)
- Chapter 5: Stimulating the local and regional economy: financing and advice for investment in regions and cities (12-16 February 2018)
- Chapter 6: The future of Europe: options and debates (19-23 February 2018)
The course is co-created by the Committee of the Regions, several Directorates-General of the European Commission – Regional and Urban Policy; Budget; Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion; Agriculture and Rural development; Eurostat – as well as the European Investment Bank, Interreg Europe and Urbact.
The course is free of charge, open to anyone interested in EU and regional and local affairs, and accessible on all devices.
Registration is already open - visit the Iversity platform, learn more about the MOOC and register now!