A visit to the Medical university of Silesia and Silesian University of Technology will provide examples of science and business collaboration.
A workshop on the best policy instruments to support relevant business models of RDI infrastructures in the medtech sector will be organised in order to think of new tools, new funding or co-funding etc to strengthen innovation on the medtech sector.
We will visit the following venues:
- Education and Medical Simulation Centre – Medical University of Silesia: The construction of the Education and Medical Simulation Centre, implemented within the Infrastructure and Environment Programme gave opportunity to teach students of SUM using modern didactic based on simulation and IT techniques. Opportunities for cooperation with companies.
- RES 07 - Silesia LabMed: LabMed a network of laboratories conducting research on the impact of environmental pollution on the development of cardiovascular and respiratory system diseases. Companies from the Slaskie Voivodeship and neighbouringregions will have the opportunity to submit their ideas, products or services for testing and will receive support at the stage of testing and evaluation of their results.
- Professor Zbigniew Religa Foundation of Cardiac Surgery Development: Silesian University of Technology - Biomedical engineering – laboratory of KUKA robots, good practices science and business cooperation – Philips Healthcare and Silesian University of Technology – AssistMed Sports Silesia.
After the study visit the workshop will beginn with the following topics:
- The most relevant business models of RDI infrastructures in the medtech sector and the best policy instrument to support them Business models of RDI infrastructures;
- Cooperation in med tech good practices – potential, challenges, needs, trends, knowledge and technology transfer, future joint services – challenges.
We are facing with a very interesting 3 days.