MARIE was in Dublin last week for a project meeting and the fabulous Responsible Innovation Summit.
On day 1 we were learning about how MARIE partners are working towards their regional Action Plans. These plans are the stepping-stone to integrate concepts of responsibility into regional policy. Great to see so many concrete ideas emerging: regional calls for innovative projects that will integrate ethics into the funding criteria, local development strategies that will incorporate a new objective related to responsibility, plans for cooperation with funded clusters and research programmes to support them in integrating responsibility into their work….watch this space for more details over the next few months.
On Day 2, we all attended the second edition of the Responsible Innovation Summit. A full day of sessions on responsible investments, responsible data-driven innovation, on responsible businesses, ethical impact assessments….and the MARIE Mid Term event. Our workshop was proud to host representatives from 5 amazing projects working on responsible innovation, who worked with us to think about how our projects can influence the policy framework for innovation and make responsible innovation a reality at public policy level.
Back home full of ideas and inspiration! Thanks to all the amazing people that we met and to the projects that took their time to work with us:
- RRI-Practice - Responsible Research and Innovation in Practice
- SMART-map - RoadMAPs to Societal Mobilisation for the Advancement of Responsible Industrial Technologies
- MARINA - Marine Knowledge Sharing Platform for Federating Responsible Research and Innovation Communities
- RRING – Responsible Research and Innovation Networking Globally
- COMPASS - Evidence and opportunities for responsible innovation in SMEs