All interested in the circular economy, in particular in the application of life cycle methods, are invited on September 23, 2020 to the 2nd LCA4Regions Regional Stakeholder Meeting in the Lodzkie Region (Poland). The meeting will take place in the traditional and online formula.
The circular economy is an alternative to the traditional, linear economy model. Its aim is to counteract the waste of resources thanks to the use of innovative business models in enterprises.
Therefore, there is a need to change the mindset of management staff in enterprises and public institutions. This is due not only to the need to look for savings in connection with the constant shrinkage of natural resources (and thus the prospect of increasing prices of raw materials), but also from the change in consumer attitudes and growing environmental awareness. Promotion of the idea of sustainable economy, and in particular the principles of circular economy at every stage of business activity allows for creating a competitive advantage for the enterprise.
Solutions developed as part of international projects can inspire entrepreneurs from the Lodzkie Region. One of them is the Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) methodology, which uses special tools to define the most effective model for managing natural resources and minimize its impact on the environment. At the meeting, we will gather in one place the stakeholders of 3 projects devoted to circular economy idea: LCA4Regions, REPLACE "Development of the circular economy by improving the instruments of regional policy" (Interreg Europe) and "Local Government Center for Circular Economy - Łódzkie GREEN HUB" (Regional Operational Program of the Lodzkie Region 2014-2020). The aim of the meeting is to discuss and show opportunities offered by circular economy and the use of LCA and stimulate the discussion chaired by 5 experts.
- Introduction: Circular projects in the Lodzkie region, LCA approach
- Panel discussion on pro-ecological business solutions: Preparation of production processes in compliance with environmental standards in the construction and building industries; LCA application possibilities.
- Examples of the application of the life cycle in practice.
- Question and answer session.
- Mr Piotr Barczak - Coordinator of waste policy in the European Environmental Bureau. Specializes in air pollution and waste. For many years associated with the Ministry of the Environment
- Mrs Barbara Kozłowska, Ph.D., assistant professor at the Faculty of Process and Environmental Engineering, Lodz University of Technology. Member of working groups preparing Polish BREF-type reference documents in the field of waste management
- Mr Konrad Witczak, Ph.D. engineer - specialist and practitioner in the field of building technologies, conducts research and teaching at the Department of Building Physics and Building Materials, Lodz University of Technology. Faculty of Civil Engineering, Architecture and Environmental Engineering
- Mr Sebastian Czernik, MSc, engineer - coordinator for contacts with state administration and industry organizations at ATLAS Company in Lodz. The ATLAS Group is currently the largest domestic producer of construction chemicals in Poland
- Mr Konrad Gładyszewski, M.Sc., engineer, a young entrepreneur and scientist at the Lodz University of Technology and Ph.D. student of the Technical University in Dortmund. Creator of chemical drives for experimental vehicles and participated in ministerial and industrial projects (Generation of the Future, YARA competition). Currently runs a company "Prospin" on advanced and ultra-effective CO2 capture technologies.