• Introduction of the iWatermap Project
• Presentation of the Region of Murcia Self-Assessment Report.
• Discussion about Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats of the Region of Murcia in water management.
National Technological Centre for the Food and Canning Industry, Food companies, Veterinary Science Academy of the Region of Murcia, University of Murcia, National Council of Research CSIC and Agriculture Associations.
• Francisco Tomas Barberan, National Council of Research, CEBAS CSIC
• Miguel Angel Camara, University of Murcia • Manuel Hernandez Cordoba, University of Murcia
• Francisco Galvez, ASAJA Agricultural Association
• Victoria Torres, AGRUPAL, Agrupation of Food Companies
• Pablo Flores, CTC
• Francisco Puerta, CYNARA EU, Food company
• Blas Marsilla, Veterinary Science Academy of the Region of Murcia.
• Antonia Ruiz, AGRUPAL, Agrupation of Food Companies
• Jose Ramon Miralles, Fomento Empresarial de Murcia, Services company
• Ana Belen Moreno, Agrofood Cluster of the Region of Murcia
• Angel Martinez, National Technological Centre for the Food and Caning Industry, CTC.
• Luis Dussac, National Technological Centre for the Food and Caning Industry, CTC.
• Water research should be a key research line for the Region of Murcia. Regional Administration should provide with funding sources at different levels: basic research, applied research, grants, pilot equipments, etc.
• Many regional institutions have competences in water, one organism should coordinate all these competences.
• Curricula in the different training organisms (professional training, Universities, Masters, etc.) should include many water related opportunities: desalting water, valorization of waste waters, recycling waste waters, sludges valorization, etc.
These stakeholders will be informed about the progress of the iWatermap project.