Because of our cooperation with the New Energy Coalition, Islands of Innovation - on behalf of the Energy Academy - would like to introduce you to
Smart Islands Energy System: Online Workshop & Matchmaking Event
- July 8th, 2021
- 13:00 – 17:30 (CEST)
This event, jointly organised by the H2020 Smart Islands Energy System (SMILE) project partners and the Enterprise Europe Network, brings together business, research and government active and dealing with the creation of sustainable islands. It aims to share experience, knowledge and best practices, and to stimulate new collaboration between the SMILE partners and other interested stakeholders. Next to that, it is also meant to create awareness for different EU islands about the possibilities for a clean energy transition on their island. Participants from multiple European countries will be present. This is a unique opportunity to initiate and establish new international cooperation's in the fields of, amongst others, renewable energy production, smart grids, electric mobility and energy storage solutions.
This event offers you:
- information about the energy transition possibilities on European islands presented by Clean Energy for EU Islands Secretariat and NESOI
- experience, knowledge and best practices from the H2020 SMILE project
- interactive discussions on legal barriers & solutions, modelling renewable energy islands, and matching clean energy businesses to islands
- networking and matchmaking opportunities with international partnering of companies, research institutions and governmental authorities active on smart grids and sustainable islands
- possibilities for sector-specific exchange with international experts
The SMILE project
The Smart Islands Energy System (SMILE) project is a collaboration of nineteen partners from various European countries and is funded by the European Union’s ‘Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme’. The project will demonstrate nine different smart grid technologies on three different islands. The end goal of the project is to foster the market introduction of these nine technologies.
For more information on the event, click here.