As part of its advisory role, ACR+ has organised a capacity building event for all the project partners of the INTHERWASTE project on 30 June 2016 in Brussels.
This training day gave the opportunity to all attendees, largely consisting of municipalities, to learn more about the different waste management tools developed within various past and present projects in which ACR+ was involved. It included tools on composting, recycling, food waste prevention, and some allowed the comparison between different regions.
The speakers came from Regione Marche in Italy, ORDIF and ACR+. They presented the following projects and their online tools:
- Pre-waste, focusing on waste prevention;
- Regions4Recycling, focusing on selective collection and recycling;
- Miniwaste, focusing on bio-waste prevention;
- European Week for Waste Reduction, focusing on awareness raising about the 3Rs (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle);
- and the Circular Europe Network, focusing on circular economy strategies.
As an outcome of these training sessions, the INTHERWASTE project partners that will now be able to use these tools for the waste management of their heritage cities.