Bilateral meetings between the INTHERWASTE project partners are a key way to foster mutual learning through the exchange of experiences. These meetings often centred around a study visit to see examples of best practices in action, accompanied by the hosting partners who often played a key role in establishing them. This enables partners to assess the suitability of such practices within the context of their own cities. In same cases, several partners joined the visit, thus multiplying the possibilities for learning and collaboration.
Subsequently to these bilateral meetings, feasibility studies will be conducted in each city to ensure that it will be possible to implement the chosen practice.
Overview of Bilateral Meetings held so far:
- Project Leader SADECO held a Bilateral Meeting with IVAGO and ICOVA companies for waste management in Ghent and Amsterdam in April 2018 with the purpose to see in situ and potentially transfer to Cordoba their models of waste compactors in force. The transfer is in process.
- The Municipality of Ibiza held a bilateral meeting in June 2018 with SADECO in Cordoba with a view to see in situ and potentially transfer into Ibiza Old Town and Heritage Area the model of Cordoba waste rooms. The transfer is in process.
- The Municipality of Krakow held a Bilateral Meeting with the Municipality of Porto Environment Company (EMAP) in July 2018 with a view to see in situ and potentially transfer into Krakow Heritage Area the underground solutions already in force in Porto Heritage Area of Ribeira. This included a study visit to underground containers in Porto. The transfer is in process.
- The Municipality of Tallinn held a Bilateral Meeting in the city of Bergen (Norway) in April 2018 with a view to see in situ and potentially transfer into Tallinn Old Town the pneumatic collection using Internet of Things in force in Bergen. The transfer is in process.
- Representatives from SADECO, Municipality of Krakow, Municipality of Tallinn, and Municipality of Porto Environment Company (EMAP) held a bilateral meeting in Nice with representatives of Nice Côte d´Azur Metropole in order to know in situ and potentially develop in their cities a reuse infrastructure and system such as the one developed in Nice for reuse of bulky waste.
Further bilteral meetings are set to be held in the framework of the project. For more information, see the upcoming activities.