- This third INTHERWASTE Thematic Seminar focused on "Integration of Waste Management Solutions into the Urban Décor of Heritage Areas". It took place in Ibiza, Spain on 15-16 November 2017.
The seminar started on Wednesday 15 November with several study visits of waste management sites organised for the partners and external experts by the Municipality of Ibiza.
On Thursday 16 November, the opening ceremony started at 8:15. It was followed by an overview of "UNESCO Cities and Waste Management". Several good practices related to the theme of the seminars were then presented by partners and external experts from other European Heritage Cities. The good practices have been divided in three sessions, as follows:
- Location of containers
- Aesthetical containers and devices
- Organizational solutions
A discussion between all the participants followed each session.
Have a look at this article to discover more in detail some of these best practices.
- - - - -
- June 2018 in Cordoba: This 4th and final seminar will focus on "Waste Minimization in Heritage Areas" - Save the date!
Previous thematic seminar
- For a summary of the second seminar, visit this page and read about a selection of best practices on selective collection.
- For a summary of the first seminar, visit this page and read about a selection of best practices on waste deposit.
- - - - -
- INTHERWASTE project overview
- National and International cooperative networks of Heritage cities / Overview of municipal waste collection in Heritage cities
Location of containers
- Palma de Mallorca (Spain): Removable Mobile Bin Areas. Part 1/Part 2 - Guests.
- Tallinn: Location of Waste Containers in the Old Town
- Porto: Creating the “Perfect Spot” for the renewal of an old system
Aesthetical containers and devices
- Ghent (Belgium): Compacting bins - Guests.
- Cordoba: Painted Containers
- Bornholm (Denmark): Design of recycling solutions from a pilot project in a Heritage village - Guests.
- Krakow: Aesthetic solutions in the Municipality
- Ibiza: Aesthetical integration of the bins in the area of Dalt Vila
- Porto: Encasement solutions to improve urban integration
- Cordoba: Aesthetic cover for containers in the historical city centre