Database of case studies
This page gathers all the case studies of the INTHERWASTE project on waste management in Heritage cities. The practices come from within the partnership (Córdoba, Ibiza, Krakow, Porto, Tallinn) as well as other cities.
They are divided according to different themes explored during INTHERWASTE thematic seminars.
1. Waste Deposit in Heritage Areas
Special procedures and agreements arranged
Container-systems in Heritage areas
2. Selective Collection in Heritage Areas (soon available)
Use of a specific instrument serving separate collection
- Krakow: "Bring-in sites"
- Bergen: Underground waste system / Flexible fee
- Tallinn: Deposit packaging refund system
- Ibiza: Awareness campaigns on selective collection
Management/Strategy related to selective collection scheme
- Córdoba: Separate collection dry-moist fraction
- Porto: Interaction and Integration of different collection systems
- Krakow: Selective waste collection services for bulky waste, green waste, WEEEs and waste textiles
- Tallinn: Separate collection of used clothing
- Ibiza: Specific collection of commercial paperboard
- Córdoba: Promotion of separation in the organic fraction
- Porto: Food waste selective collection