Milton Keynes Council is offering MK businesses sustainable travel grants of up to £1,000 each to boost the use of green and sustainable travel by their employees and customers. The grants must be match funded at least 50% by the business itself in order to promote affordable and greener modes of travel such as walking and cycling, or other active green alternatives, for local workers.
The funding could be used for initiatives such as:
• Adding or improving cycle parking or facilities such as showers
• Creating car sharing schemes or bays
• Installing electric vehicle charging points
• Improving pedestrian access
• Promotional events to encourage more sustainable commuting
• Buying or renting bikes to be shared by staff
The sustainable travel grants offer opportunities to influence behavioral change in the workplace and empower local communities to take practical actions in reducing their carbon emissions.
For more information and to apply please visit: