The 18th edition of the European Week of Regions and Cities (#EURegionsWeek) is coming up on 05-22 October in Brussels, Belgium. As the main event dedicated to regional policy, Innova-FI couldn't miss it so we decided to apply yet again as a partner and actively contribute to the event and the agenda.
#EURegionsWeek is an excellent opportunity to highlight our project results, promote our good practices and learn from other peers, so we couldn't be prouder of being accepted and being able to organise a workshop session.
In 2019, the #EURegionsWeek reached a record high of more than 9000 participants and more than 330 sessions, let's see what we can accomplish in 2020!
Discovering EU Regions Week
The European Week of Regions and Cities (#EURegionsWeek) is usually an annual four-day event during which cities and regions showcase their capacity to create growth and jobs, implement European Union cohesion policy, and prove the importance of the local and regional level for good European governance. Due to the security measures and sanitary situation caused by the pandemic, this year will be the first-ever fully digital. Nevertheless, #EURegionsWeek 2020 will offer to participants more than 500 digital working sessions to discover over three consecutive weeks in October, from 5-22 October.
Who can participate?
The European Week of Regions and Cities and its events are aimed at:
- European, national, regional and local government officials and experts in the field of managing and evaluating cohesion policy programmes;
- representatives of private companies, financial institutions and 1 European and national associations;
- members of the European Committee of the Regions, members of the European Parliament, and national, regional and local politicians including young elected politicians (YEPs);
- citizens, who want to express their views and contribute to the debate on the future of Europe and their regions and cities;
- academics, researchers, PhD or masters students and practitioners in the field of European regional and urban policy;
- journalists from European, national, regional and local media outlets.
More info about the Innova-FI session 'Financial instrument for cohesion policy' can be found here https://www.interregeurope.eu/innova-fi/events/event/3757/european-week-of-regions-and-cities-2020/.