On 12 March from 15:00 to 16:30, the Policy Learning Platform is organising a webinar on the topic of business support schemes for social enterprises (SEs).
Why a webinar on business support for social entreprises?
The European Commission launched the Social Business Initiative in 2011 in recognition of the growing social economy and entrepreneurship that accounts for more than 11 million of workers, 4.5 % of the active EU population. Therefore, the EC has recognized the potential of social enterprises for innovation and their positive impact on the economy and society. And, since then, the importance of social economy was repeatedly acknowledged within the EU:
- The EU Programme for Employment and Social Innovation (EaSI) has been set up - a financing instrument to promote a high level of quality and sustainable employment, guaranteeing adequate and decent social protection, combating social exclusion and poverty and improving working conditions.
- A Social Economy Intergroup was set-up and renewed at the European Parliament.
- Social Economy is one of the key policy areas for Nicolas Schmit, the new Commissioner for Jobs and Social Rights.
What it will be about?
The webinar will follow a pipeline of business support. Different support schemes will be presented that are relevant at different stages of SE development - from getting support to an initial idea to internationalization support for existing social enterprises.
The Policy Learning Platform will present the concept of social enterprises and the relevance of the topic. This will be followed by presentations of successful good practices:
- Starting out as a Social Enterprise – early stage support measures – presented by Gael Drummond from Firstport - Scotland’s agency for start-up social entrepreneurs and enterprises
- A community based support approach for the enhancement of social economy – presented by María Ramón Gancedo and Mauricio O´Brien from Cooperactivas (Castilla y León, Spain)
- How to finance social enterprises effectively – presented by Alexander Kesselring from Finance4SocialChange – Danube Transnational Programme project
- Internationalization of social enterprises – presented by Paula Santarén Rodríguez from ACCIÓ - Catalonia Trade & Investment
- Change in the local development strategy – how the RaiSE project had an impact in the Örebro region – presented by Paula Santarén Rodríguez from RaiSE project on behalf of Anders Bro from Region Örebro County
Grab a coffee, prepare your questions and join us on 12 March from 15:00 to 16:30. Do you want to make sure that your questions gets answered? Submit your questions in advance while registering through the form below.
Image credit: Photo by energepic.com from Pexels
On 12 February 2020, the Wednesday Innovation Night was organized by Podkarpackie Centrum Innowacji in Rzeszow. The event took place in their headquarter.
Are you interested in Open Data? You can maybe become the next Datathon winner!
The Europe-Ukraine Forum is one of the key events organized by the Institute for Eastern Studies and has been organized since 2007 in Poland. This year edition ...
Wolves Summit is one of the biggest business conference in Europe. It is a place for Startups, Investors, Corporates and Executives, where innovation meets busi...
The Mid Term Event organised by the Finnish CLAY project partner takes place in March 2020.
Podkarpackie Centrum Innowacji would like to invite everybody to the event titled "Wednesday Innovation Night #2" that is taking place on 4 March, 2020 in their...