The National Institute of Research and Development in Tourism - INCDT organized, with the support of the Haţeg Country Dinosaurs Geopark, the 5th IMPACT Interregional meeting.
The three-days program included a conference focusing on "Communication and Awareness Raising of Protected Area’s Role in Preserving Natural Heritage Assets" that took place in Haţeg on the 6th March 2018.
The conference was opened by Mr. Marcel Goia, Mayor of Haţeg and Mrs. Diana Iakab, The Economic and Social Development Agency of Hunedoara County. Mrs. Cristina Lixăndroiu, National Institute of Research and Development in Tourism, introcuded the IMPACT project.
The audience could learn about:
- "The Romanian protected area system” presented by Mrs. Madalina Teodora Andrei, National Agency of Natural Protected Areas
- "The Heritage Interpretation in Haţeg UNESCO Global Geopark” presented by Mr. Cristian Ciobanu, Haţeg Country Dinosaurs Geopark
- “The Haţeg UGG Volunteer and Ambassador Program”, presented by Petra Lînaru, Armina Miclăuș, Alicia Petresc, Claudia Drăgan, Oana Indrecan, Rareș Coantă, Robert Dumbuleu și David Muntean
- “The Țara Hațegului – Retezat EcoDestination”, presented by Mr. Alexandru Bulacu, Retezat Tourism Association
- "The Project to reintroduce the bisons into Romania, in the SouthWest Carpathians", presented by Mr Florin Hălăștăuan, WWF
- "Partnership for environmental education - tool for nature conservation (study case Rodna Mountains National Park, Romania)" presented by Mr. Iusan Claudiu, Rodna Mountains National Park Administration
- "Public Awareness and Ecological Education in Danube Delta Biosphere Reserve" presented by Mrs. Alina Codreanu , Danube Delta Biosphere Reserve Authority
- “Friends of Nature in Iron Gates Natural Park – Education, Awareness and Promotion”, Mr. Felix Baratky, Iron Gates Natural Park Administration
- "Vânători Neamț Nature Park- Media Communication", Mr. Sebastian Cătonoiu, Vânători Neamț Natural Park Administration
You can access the proceedings of the conference here.