8 policy makers amongst key stakeholders met in order to be informed and discuss project progress.
The meeting had the following subjects on the agenda:
1. Update on running project activities. It was recommended that the project developed an internal newsletter for the local municipalities to inform them on the activities and development of the project.
2. Update on the three projects on value creation funded by the national programme. One of them deals with the development of historical outports and has Vest-Agder County Council as Lead Partner.
3. An application for the H2020-call Cult-coop-2017-07. has been sent and answer is expected in May.
4. Information on Hericoast interregional workshop in Romania and the planning of the coming ones.
5. Definition of historical outports. Ongoing discussion about the delineation of what cultural environments to include in the project activities. The meeting agreed upon using a set of criteria compromising both historical dimension as well as current status. Before the next advisory group meeting the group will conduct a series of meetings at historical outports in order to test out the definition.
6. Information on coming project dissemination activities planned for private house owners at the historical outports in Merdø, Lyngør, Svinør and Loshavn.
7. Update on status for local plans for development of a regional center for historical outports in Brekkestø.
8. Publication activity: I) Information on book to be published using before and after pictures of the historical environments. II) discussion on whether one should publish a calendar with 12 images of historical outports.
9. Update on economy of the county councils.
10. Development of the regional action plan. Discussion on the needs of the municipalities. They need a shared plan with guidelines to make more holistic management for protection and use of the historical outports. Shape and content must be further discussed in the regional advisory group.