The fifth stakeholder meeting for the GPP4Growth project took place on May 23rd 2019 in the AC Hotel Ciudad de Sevilla, located in Avenue of Manuel Siurot 25, Sevilla. As each semester, the members of the working group met to discuss the Green Public Procurement in Andalusia. The number of registered attendees was 21 people from both public administrations and the private sector.
The meeting began with the welcome to the new members of this Group from the Joint Research Centre (JRC) and with the presentation of the main advances of the project since the last meeting, such as the lessons learnt during the “experience visit” on GPP that took place in Antwerp (Belgium), the latest documents prepared within the project and the upcoming events planned.
During the meeting, David Fernández Guerra - Chief of Waste Service, General Secretariat of Environment, Water and Climate Change - exposed the Regulatory framework on Circular Economy.
Next, the activities of the project were explained:
● The current situation of the Technical recommendations for public procurement (paper supplies for copies and graphic paper, reprography supplies and cleaning services and products). The JRC members reviewed these documents and provided their remarks.
● Training course: “Environmental clauses for Public Procurement”. IAAP 2019 programme
● Proposal of actions for the Action Plan development in Andalusia.
● Survey on “increased professional capacity”
● Digital LCC methodology and resources to apply harmonised LCC methods
At the end of the meeting all participants were also asked to fill in evaluation form in which they evaluated the meeting and pointed out the issues needed to be discussed in the future.