The second stakeholder meeting of the working group for the implementation of the GPP-STREAM project took place in Bucharest, at the Headquarter of Ministry of Environment (newly named Ministry of Environment, Waters and Forests) on 14th of November 2019. The event created the opportunity to integrate environmental policies into sectoral policies at the central level in order to link public actors within central authorities in the field wishing to integrate sustainable development into their markets. Attended to the event the representatives of subordinated and coordinated institutions of the Ministry of Environment, Waters and Forests and representatives of ministries of Government of Romania who have responsibilities in public procurement.
The issues of the discussions were the following:
- general presentation of the third transnational learning event that Ministry of Environment was organize in Sibiu 11-13 of September 2019
- Establishing the priorities of the stakeholder in the implementation of the project
- Sharing experiences and good practices and support tools for the adoption of green public procurement, oriented towards efficient use of resources with the institutions responsible for policy instruments that was presented by the representative of Mancomunidad de la Ribera Alta (Spain) in Sibiu
- state of play of the revision of the legislative package regarding GPP at the national level
- Presentation of the draft of National Action Plan of GPP
Conclusions and lessons learned from this working group work underlined the need to work together for the revision of the primary, and secondary legislation regarding GPP. Also communication and awareness are very important, in the implementation of good practices in their institutions, and the support of our ministry in this exercise are highly importance.