The next partner meeting and study visit of FRIDGE project will be hosted and organised by University of Western Macedonia in the end of September 2021. The meeting will take place in the beautiful city of Velvendo located in Kozani area, Greece.
During the one-and-a-half-day meeting partners will discuss project related issues, learn more about Western Macedonian food sector and its good practices and also share good practices from other partner regions.
The agenda for the meeting
Wednesday 22nd of September
Meeting venue: Agnanti Hotel, Velvendo, Kozani
9:00 - 9:30 Welcome and networking coffee
9:30 - 11:30 Partnership Workshop
- Welcome and introduction
- Enterprise Europe Network and Krokos Kozanis - Good Practices from Western Macedonia
- Presentation of 5 Good Practices from other region
a. Local products in local supermarkets - a local LEADER project from Tolna County
b. Regional cooperatives connecting local food producers and consumers in East Flanders
c. Food Forum and Food Team - Regional Food Cluster Networks in South Ostrobothnia
NOTE: This part of the event will be streamed via Zoom and can be followed by stakeholders and other interested partners across the Europe. Join us in Zoom meeting.
12:30 - 17:00 Three Study Visits in Velvendo area
- ASEPOP VELVENTOU - Agricultural Cooperative for Processing and Sale of Fruit and Vegetable Products. ASEPOP Velventou is an agricultural cooperative that was founded in 1917 in Velvento and produces more than 14,000 tonnes of fruits, mainly peaches and nectarines and on a smaller scale, apricots, kiwis, plums, pears, quinces and cherries. It has about 400 producers who currently cultivate about 6,500 acres. The products of the cooperative are located throughout Greece and also are exported to Central and Eastern European countries, mainly in Russia. The export rate reaches 40% of total sales and the total volume of exports exceeds 3,250,000 kg of fruits. For more info: https://asepop.gr/
- ASOP VELVENTOU “DIMITRA”- Agricultural Cooperative Producers Organisation. The agricultural cooperative «Dimitra» in Velvento with more than 170 producers, gathers, packages, standardizes and distributes to the market fresh fruits like peaches, nectarines, apples, plums, cherries, apricots and quinces. The premises of the cooperative are located in an area of 15,000 m2, with building facilities of a total area of 3,500 m2. Nowadays, the agricultural cooperative «Dimitra» distributes fresh fruits, in the foreign markets of about 50% and respectively 50% in the internal market. For more info: https://dimitracoop.gr/
- VINEYARD VOYATZI A modern 3-hectare vineyard was created by the lake, located in an old vine of the Voyatzis family. Designed to produce high-quality wines of a distinctive character, it was planted with local and other varieties during 1991-1994. The Voyatzis family enjoys a long heritage as wine merchants, documented since the early 20th century, when large quantities of wine from the Velvento area were transported for sale at the then developing town of Katerini, where the family settled, running a wine-cellar and ouzo-house until 1922. http://www.ktimavoyatzi.gr/
- MEAT INDUSTRY “BISIRITSA BROTHERS”. The meat industry “Bisiritsa Brothers” is a vertical unit for the production and standardization of fresh meat and meat products. The company has a pig breeding unit covering an area of about 10 acres and also produces a wide variety of fully standardized meat products from pork, beef, lamb such as sausages, souvlaki, steaks, burgers etc. For more info: https://www.afoimpisiritsa.gr/index.php?l=el
Thursday 23rd of September
Venue: Agnanti Hotel, Velvendo, Kozani
9:00 - 10:30 Technical Meeting for specialty group 3 methodology and action plans. Steering Committee Meeting.
The meeting will take place as a physical meeting if the Covid-19 pandemic situation will allow.
Picture: Giannis Nikolaidis, Pixabay