The Economic Council of East-Flanders welcomes FRIDGE partners and stakeholders for a partner meeting and study visit in East Flanders on 18.-20.2.2020. The two-and-a-half day meeting will include project meetings and interesting site visits to local food and drink industry SMEs and RDI institutions in the region of East-Flanders.
During the meeting the project partners and stakeholders will discuss and exchange experience on various topics such as cooperation with knowledge institutions to build capacity for growth in the food sector, importance of European labelled food products, better market reach through smart communication, new ways of reaching out to new markets and trends and innovations in food industry.
Tuesday 18th of February
- Partner meetings
- Study visit to Groot Vleeshuis (a promotional center for regional food products)
Wednesday 19th of February
Day for study visits
- ILVO Food Pilot - Visit and presentation at the food pilot of the research institute for agriculture, fisheries and food.
- Stokerij Van Damme - Short company visit and presentation at Stokerij Van Damme. This is a distillery of the European labelled East-Flemish genever.
- Ganda Ham - Company visit and presentation on communication through ‘ Tasteful East-Flanders ’. Ganda Ham makes natural salted dry ham.
- Brouwerij Huyghe - Company visit and presentation on export. Brewery Huyghe exports their Belgian beer to more than 100 countries.
Thursday 20th of February
Day for workshops and discussion
- Trends and innovation in food and introduction to Food2Know.
Food2know is a knowledge center for food from three Belgian Universities.
Lecture by prof. dr. Xavier Gellynck or prof. dr. Benedikt Sas
- ‘Happy profit’. How food SMEs can make profit on a sustainable way.
New strategies and marketing for the food sector.
Lecture by Herman Toch
- Round table discussions