The partners of Food Chains 4 Europe prepared their actions plans that will enables the businesses to deliver sustainable innovations in the food chains of the 5 project regions: Greater Manchester - UK, Varna - BG, Flevoland - NL, Maramures - RO and Emilia-Romagna - IT.
The 5 regional action plans will be developed by the end of phase one (31 December 2019) and will be implemented during the phase 2 of the FC4EU project, within the period 2020-2021.
1. Greater Manchester (UK) - the regional action plan includes 3 actions:
- Creating strategic leadership in the region;
- Strengthening the business support about sustainability issued in the food and drink sector;
- Establishing a food innovation and enterprise funds in Oldham that’s support the Northern Roots project.
2. Varna (BG) - the regional action plans envisions 2 actions:
- Creating an infrastructure for delivery of services for improved R&D and innovation implementation in food chain companies;
- Developing an university-business open collaboration platform for food quality, safety and R&D commercialization.
3. Flevoland (NL) - the regional action plan refers to:
- Supporting regional food SME`s whereby a tool-kit will be developed and the existing short food chain network will be strengthened and structured;
- Regional supplying of Flevoland food products in three different settings (music festival Lowlands, Floriade Expo 2022 and the metropolitan region of Amsterdam).
4. Maramures (RO) - the regional action plan is focused on the ”Good of Maramures” initiative:
- Development of the ‘Good of Maramures’ Association that will manage the trademark ‘Good of Maramures’;
- The food chain innovation and technological dissemination in Maramures County.
5. Emilia-Romagna (IT) - the regional action plan is related to:
- Improving the monitoring and follow up of project results in the packaging sector;
- Creating a sustainable food packaging platform.