Buildings account for 40% of energy use and 36% of CO2 emissions in the European Union. Currently, about 35% of the EU's buildings are over 50 years old, and by improving their energy efficiency we could reduce total EU energy consumption by 5-6% and lower CO2 emissions by about 5%.
Increasing investment in energy efficiency and renewable energy for buildings is a major challenge, requiring substantial up-front investments (estimated at €38 billion during 2011-30).
Join us for knowing more about how Financial Instruments can promote investments in the area of building energy retrofitting. The event will take place in Brussels, during celebration of European Week of Regions and Cities 2019, so it will be a great opportunity to know more about FINERPOL project and its achievements.
Please find below the Agenda of the event, which is going to be moderated by Rachel Tully, from Extremadura Energy Agency:
- 9:00-9:30 Welcome and registration
- 9:30-9:45 Opening of the event. Introduction to FINERPOL project experience, Ana Martinez, Project Manager, Extremadura Energy Agency
- 9:45-10:00 Interreg Europe: State of play, Charo Camacho, Interreg Europe Policy Officer - Low-carbon economy
- 10:00-10:20 Advancing the Action Plan for Heart of South West England, Alastair Gets, Project Manager, Plymouth City Council
- 10:20-10:40 Financial Instruments as tools for small European Regions too:The case of Western Macedonia, Konstantinos Karamarkos, Strategic Planner, Senior Consultant on Urban & Regional Development
- 10:40-11:00 Financial Instrument INFIN: Creating New FI for City of Prague, Eva Lepšová, Project Manager, City of Prague
- 11:00-11:30 Networking coffee break
- 11:30-11:50 Financial instruments for apartment buildings energy efficient measures - experience, Michal Tobias
- 11:50-12:10 Action Plan CEIIA, TBC
- 12:10-12:30 Trentino: Towards a Positive Energy Region by 2030, Dr. Gabriele Pedrini
- 12:30-12:50 Obtaining structural funds for the development of a new financial instrument in Extremadura, Daniel Encinas, Technical Coordinator, Extremadura Energy Agency
- 12:50-13:00 Event Closure. Cosme Segador, Director of Extremadura Energy Agency.
- 13:00-14:00 Networking cocktail
This is an open event but places are limited (you must sign up in order to attend FINERPOL Final Conference).
*If you experience any sign-in problems, please contact [email protected]