Buildings account for 40% of energy use and 36% of CO2 emissions in the European Union. Currently, about 35% of the EU's buildings are over 50 years old, and by improving their energy efficiency we could reduce total EU energy consumption by 5-6% and lower CO2 emissions by about 5%.
Increasing investment in energy efficiency and renewable energy for buildings is a major challenge, requiring substantial up-front investments (estimated at €38 billion during 2011-30).
Join us for knowing more about how Financial Instruments can promote investments in the area of building energy retrofitting. The event will take place in Brussels, during celebration of European Week of Regions and Cities 2019, so it will be a great opportunity to know more about FINERPOL project and its achievements.
Please find below the draft agenda of the event:
- 9:00-9:30 Welcome and registration
- 9:30-9:45 Opening of the event
- 9:45-10:00 Interreg Europe: State of play, Charo Camacho, Interreg Europe Project Officer - Low-carbon economy
- 10:00-12:50. Results of FINERPOL Action Plans in each region presented by FINERPOL partners.
- 12:50-13:00 Event Closure
- 13:00-14:00 Networking cocktail
This is an open event but places are limited (you must sign up in order to attend FINERPOL Final Conference).