Commissioner for Cohesion and Reforms, European Commission
As the European Commissioner for Cohesion and Reforms, Elisa Ferreira is responsible for:
- Assuring support for regions most affected by digital and climate transitions, including through the Just Transition Fund.
- Working with co-legislators to establish a legislative framework for Cohesion Funds in the long-term EU budget.
- Supporting regions and authorities in preparing their programmes, in line with their specific needs and the EU’s common objectives.
- Working with Member States to ensure full and effective use of EU funds and oversight of expenditure.
- Contributing to the review of the Urban Agenda and the long-term vision on rural areas.
- Overall responsibility for the work of DG REFORM, offering technical and financial support for reforms in Member States.
- Coordinating technical support to those Member States preparing to join the euro.
- Working with co-legislators towards a timely agreement on the Reform Support Programme and the Budgetary Instrument for Convergence and Competitiveness in the euro area and subsequently ensuring their full implementation.
More information is available on the European Commission website.