The Municipality of Malpartida de Cáceres (Extremadura) has approved, in a plenary held recently, the request for a subsidy for the improvement of energy efficiency in 11 municipal buildings.

The current energy rating of each of the buildings has been made through an exhaustive study of the consumption in kilowatt-hours per square meter per year, and the emissions of kilograms of CO2 per square meter per year. Subsequently, these same parameters will be calculated once the new lighting has been implemented. In all cases, an improvement is achieved in one letter of the rating of the energy label in CO2 emissions.

The total amount of the investment is 106,200 euros. If approved, the Institute for the Diversification and Saving of Energy (IDAE) will subsidize 80%, about 85,000 euros, and the remaining 20% would be charged to the municipal budgets.

The buildings with the highest investment correspond to the sports pavilion 'José Luis González' and the public school. Once the facilities are renewed, significant savings will be achieved in the electric bill, since the kilowatt-hour consumption will be reduced, and the installed kilowatt power will be reduced.
The actions will be specified in the interior lighting of the municipal buildings of different buildings such as a nursery, sheltered floors, school, house of culture ...

Source and more information