On January 21, 2020, the e-smartec partner the University of Žilina (UNIZA ) organised the first Living Lab in the Bratislava self-governing region. There were in total 16 participants, mostly representing the stakeholders involved in the SUMP preparation.
The policy instrument addressed by e-smartec in Bratislava is Priority Axis 1 of the IROP, which focuses on safe and green transport in regions.
The importance of a Regional Sustainable Mobility Plan
In the process of integrated planning, a Regional Sustainable Mobility Plan represents a tool to achieve balanced and sustainable transport development. SUMP for the Bratislava self-governing region, which is currently under preparation, aims to develop the regional public transport network to reduce the car traffic and improve the regional mobility, as well as to address attractiveness of public passenger transport.
To be fully accepted, citizens' and stakeholders' engagement is crucial for the development of mobility plans. This is the main objective of the e-smartec project, which was presented at the beginning of the Living Lab meeting.
Good Marketing Practices
Furthermore, the identified good marketing practices from different national and EU projects were presented. The discussion verted on different marketing techniques (hard vs soft), different ways of stakeholders’ involvement, etc.
Here, an overview:
|Engagement of users via online interactive portal for cyclists||BA.cykloportal|
|Promoting the future vision of city of Bratislava||Connected Bratislava|
|Multicultural marketing for sharing the knowledge and best practices||EdTWIN|
|Using the innovative ways to engage the people towards the sustainable and green transport||eGUTS|
|Promotion of the implementation of new unified tariff system|
|The creation of a unified image of a tourist destination||DANUBE BIKE&BOAT|
|Combination of two different aspects in one product to attract a broader group of people||SacraVelo|
|Creation of cross border cooperation||Silver economy|
|Promoting the implementation of a new sustainable mode of transport in city of Bratislava||Slovnaft Bajk|
|Network for Sustainable Mobility along the Danube||Danube.Pearls|
And some cases, as specifically analysed:
Slovnaft Bajik - Promoting the implementation of a new sustainable mode of transport in city of Bratislava
- massive marketing campaign - news coverage in print and television medias;
- social media - promotion and feedback from citizens;
- websites and online articles;
- promotion of pricing policy - lower prices at the beginning of the project.
eGUTS - Using the innovative ways to engage the people towards the sustainable and green transport
The practice can be perceived as innovative thanks to the utilizations of modern technologies like the mobile app in conjunction with more common marketing channels like public events.
Engagement of people towards the sustainable and green transport via following marketing techniques:
- public events (open street events where citizens gained important information and simultaneously can try the new ways of transport like e-scooters, e-bikes etc.);
- developing citizen-centric mobile app;
- online articles;
- town communication channels.
PROMotion of EmobiliTy in EU regionS (Good Practice from Prešov region)
Focus of the practice on the young generation via the following marketing techniques:
- regional and cross-regional events (e-Deň);
- online articles;
- press releases;
- promotional video.
DANUBE BIKE&BOAT - The creation of a unified image of a tourist destination
- analysis - SWOT, analysis of competitiveness.
- the formulation of goals and of ways for their attainment:
- determination of the target markets;
- definition of product lines - bike and boat;
- distribution and communication strategy.
- website of destination with recommender system;
- websites of stakeholders;
- social media – Facebook, Pinterest, Trip advisor, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube;
- exhibitions and fairs.
The details will be further discussed with the Bratislava self-governing region together with the Action Plan that will be designed and implemented by e-smartec.