Ιmproving sustainable transport and tourism policies towards green andsmart destinations, by integrating strategies for smart and sustainable mobility, accessibility for all and responsible travel, with sustainable tourism development, through efficiency, resilience, intermodality improvements, novel low-carbon transport systems, cycling and walking for visitors.
Sustainable Tourism Mobility and Accessibility, towards 'Smart Destinations'
'Smart destinations' should incorporate sustainable, green mobility, seamless travel services and accessibility for visitors, ensuring tourism for all. Smart mobility solutions enable destinations to better respond to changing travel behaviours by offering more relevant, integrated services (e.g. from door to door) and incorporating fast adaptation processes.
- DESTI-SMART Interreg Europe project, on the role of Sustainable Mobility & Accessibility in Sustainable & Responsible Tourism, towards Smart Destinations
- Major Development Agency of Thessaloniki, Greece, on proposed seaborne transport system as a tourism product
- Hastings Borough Council, UK, on sustainable seafront strategy including proposals on low-carbon transport system for all
- Horrarios de Funchal, Medeira, PT, on CIVITAS DESTINATIONS project
- InnovaSUMP Interreg Europe project
- Other initiatives.
Active participation of relevant institutions & initiatives on smart & green mobility for sustainable tourism, viz:
- European Capital of Smart Tourism; Sustainability, Accessibility & Digitalisation
- UNWTO Smart Destinations, Multimodality & Accessibility
- SUMPs for tourist destinations.