In the context of the Design for Innovation 2020 programme, the Galician regional government (Xunta de Galicia) has opened the period for the submission of entries for the first edition of the Galicia Innovation and Design Awards.
The call, which will be open until 9th December 2020, is an initiative of the Economic Vice-Presidency and the Regional Ministry of Economy, Business and Innovation, which organises the event through the Galician Agency for Innovation (GAIN).
This contest has 6 categories divided into two themes: Innovation and design. In both categories, the aim is to recognise the outstanding contribution of professionals and companies to the economic and social development of Galicia through innovation and design.
The specific section of the awards, which will highlight persons and companies with the most outstanding innovation careers and practices, has three categories:
- Innovative careers 15.000€: professionals and companies with a career of at least 10 years and in which innovation has been one of the most relevant features.
- SMEs award 15.000€ : SMEs with proven innovative activity for at least the last 5 years.
- Large company: honorary award. Large companies with an innovative career for at least the last decade.
This section will recognise people in the companies who better represent the contribution of the Galician design to the innovation and has three categories:
- Professionals: 15.000€ Design professionals (either individuals or professional teams) with a career of at least 10 years and recognized prestige in the sector.
- Young designers 15.000€ Designers up to 35 years old with a professional career of less than 10 years.
- Companies: honorary award. Consolidated companies which have incorporated design to their company strategy for, at least, last decade.
Deadline: 9th December 2020
Among the evaluation criteria, the juries of the innovation categories will take into account the career and innovative activity, as well as the positioning and the impact of the innovation on the improvement of the competitive capacity. In the case of the design awards, the career and the boost for innovation through their design projects will be assessed.
The details of the procedure and the documentation to be submitted can be found in the notice published in DOG dated 8th October 2020